Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Going , going , GONE !

Pages: 1 7 replies

M

While hanging out at the Mai Kai this past weekend I got to thinking about Tiki bars I've been to, and those I had just missed. I feel so happy to have seen the Tiki places I have and just wanted to reiterate something I have said to many in the past-don't take any of them for granted!! Make a list of the top ten or so ones you want to visit and do your best to visit them. It doesn't really matter if it is an old Palace like the Mai Kai or a new place like Forbidden Island. Some great new places like the Hale Tiki and the Kahiki Moon only got to be around for a few short years. DON'T EVER ASSUME that the older the place is the longer it will stay around-the value of the real estate of many of the old places are worth more than running the business--remember the Kahiki? Do what you can to visit them. Good luck--I have a list in my head. Too many Tiki bars, not enough time! (or money). Support your tiki!

Mr. Smiley is the most thirstiesterest of
all!
Have a nice Tiki Day!
If you like it,it is ZAZZ! If you don't, give it a RAZZ.

[ Edited by: mrsmiley 2008-07-03 01:00 ]

Amen Braddah.

I went to the Tiki Ti, and Sam's Seafood(aka Kona now)
this weekend.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2008-06-16 18:56 ]

Absolutely! Support your local tiki and also tell your friends all about tiki so they'll know.

H

You are so right, I remember Lucky Tiki, after all that had gone into making the place looking great. It was very sad. Another sad one was Trader Vic's in BH. In my wildest dreams that this place would close. I try to go to Tonga Hut as often as possible with my friends on off days, hopefully it will survive.

T

Damn, I haven't been to Trader Vic's in Emeryville for a while. Time to go! I would hate to see that one close.

If I'm anywhere near Ft Lauderdale I go to the Mai Kai. I always try to get new people to go for the first time. A couple of Zombies and a polynesian dance and they are hooked

"I'm too drunk to taste the chicken" - Col. Sanders 1963

[ Edited by: Tonga Tiki 2008-07-03 11:33 ]

M

thank you, smiley!

On 2008-06-16 20:29, hiltiki wrote:
I try to go to Tonga Hut as often as possible with my friends on off days

Yeah, I try to do off-days and especially spend more time in these place when the weather isn't the best, since the "general public" seems to think of going to them only when the weather's good.

I don't know what could be a better respite from crappy weather than to spend time in a tropical paradise, honestly!

Pages: 1 7 replies