Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Smokin' Menehunes at Buster's Beachhouse in Long Beach, CA 6/22/08 from 4-7pm

Pages: 1 9 replies

Just heard through the Coconut-Bong grapevine that the Smokin' M's will be playing all your happa haole classics along with their original music at http://www.bustersbeachhouse.com on the beautiful island of Long Beach, CA this weekend! Great music, food, grog, friends, views....What more could you ask for?

Soccer tiki wrote:
what more could you ask for?

A:
Surf music,

The Tomorrow men from San Francisco, and the Mighty Surf Lords from Reno Nv.
will be at the Huntington Beach International Surfing Museum,
from 1 pm to 4 pm.
:wink:

I will be over to Busters asap after the show.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

I want to invite all of you to check out the Smoking Menehunes tropical swing band featuring Pat Enos this sunday from 4-7 at Buster's Beachhouse in Los Alamitos harbor. (long beach) Last time we played there, it was a hot day, but much cooler (by at least 15 degrees) down there by the water. I expect more of the same this time.
Buster's is a great place, run by Jonpaul (bass guru from the Tikiyaki Orchestra) and his wife and featuring awesome drinks and refreshing ocean views.
The Smoking menehunes are a modern alt-rock band with distortion guitars and multiple tattoos, cool buds and tasty waves! (Just kidding about the rock part-not kidding about the cool buds)but we really need your support, and would like to see as many of you down there as possible!
So come on, take a chance! Many of you have not heard us play before, and I think we offer something very different and very old-fashioned for your ears. These days life slips by so fast that it is sometimes nice to just relax and hear gentle Hawaiian music played by a real Hawaiian and master entertainer like Pat Enos. As I have said before, Pat was one of the Hawaiian beach boys back in the day, and brings a wealth of experience and a fine sense of humor to his playing. I think people will really enjoy us. Just read what Nipsey Rusell had to say about us:

" Those Smoking Menehunes throw down hard. They Make me wish I was a lesbian!"

And earlier this year, John Tesh had this to say: "Those guys put even ME to sleep!!"

We are hoping John and his lovely wife, Connie Seleca, come down and dance again. This time John, go easy on the booze! We had to carry your fat ass out on a stretcher last time! It was embarrassing to say the least!

Whose going?

I think we will stop by after the Enchanted Tiki Room Anniversary thingy!

Jen

R

Damn, you Menehunes are busy lil' bastards! I guess you know it's summer when you get to hear great Hawaiian music every weekend.

Anyway, looking forward to the air-conditioned joy that is Buster's Beach House, getting some delicious cocktails, ono grub, and listening to the smooth vibes of The Smokin Menehunes.

I'm there, aka bump

Jeff(bigtikidude)

WooHoo!! SoccerTiki, Tigerlily, & I are on our way :)

R

man! I am so bummed I couldn't make this! :(

Hope someone took pictures tho! :D

I got a call from Bill(Mai Tai) and Mark (Tiki Tastic) from the Project Pimento show at Forbidden Island in Nor. Cal.
while I and many So. Cal. People were at the Smokin Menahunes show at Busters Beach House in Long Beach.

Kinda cool that we were at Music events at tiki places at the same time,

Jeff(bigtikidude)

WooHoo!! Another Tiki-rrific Show put on by The Smokin Menehunes and with Marie behind the bar making drinks everyone had SMILES on their faces. It was the perfect way to end the weekend (Especially for those of us who has a stressful day at Disneyland :) ).

Pages: 1 9 replies