Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tonga Hut 50th anniversary on 06.18.08? Let's celebrate!

Pages: 1 5 replies

T

I was at the Tonga Hut enjoying a Mai Tai today and the bartender said that tomorrow, 06.18.08 is the Tonga Hut's 50th anniversary... can anyone confirm this information? I know the Tonga Hut opened in 1958, so the year is correct, but what about the day of the year?

The bartender said there wasn't going to be anything special happening, but if it is the 50th anniversary, it would be cool if the tiki-lovin' TC crowd could come out and celebrate this incredible milestone!

I was gonna go to the Tiki Ti tomorrow night, but now I'm planning to go back to the Tonga Hut, get some Tikiyaki Orchestra, Martin Denny and Arthur Lyman going on the jukebox and work my way through the exotic drinks menu!

I'd be there if it wasn't 2 hours away and wed.
sorry,
;-(

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Mucho Mahalos to Tobunga for making the fantastic 50th Anniversary standees!

(and extra special mahalos for letting me have one!)

H

Joe Banks, nice meeting you and Tobunga and Manuel. I had a blast. Hope to see you guys again soon.

JB

It was nice meeting you, too. I'm sure I'll see you soon!

T

It was great meeting Joe Banks and Hiltiki at Tonga Hut on Wednesday! Had a great time, although I only made it through four tropical drinks from the menu...
Jeremy of Tonga Hut said there's an official 50th anniversary event in the works for October!

Pages: 1 5 replies