Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Myspace boots Tiki Oasis

Pages: 1 10 replies

So Myspace didn't care for our advertising on myspace so Otto and I had to recreate the myspace account.....I am in the process of getting all the info on it again but here is the location http://www.myspace.com/tikioasis_sandiego please go and re add us and tell all of your friends

Dang, you guys were my pet too.:( LOL. I'm glad you are back on the map!:)

Hit the link, and got
"Http/1.1 Service Unavailable ".
Temporary service issue, or did they knock you down, again?

all better now

[ Edited by: sophista-tiki 2008-06-21 04:34 ]

its there.......

T

MySpace is soooo yesterday. Try facebook :)

FYI myspace did a major facelift/overhaul yesterday and they are still working out the bugs. Maybe that's what the problem is. Some of the people who had custom pages are not working right now but Tom's blog says they are aware of the problem and are actively working to fix everything.

I was able to access the link and add oasis no problemo.

I hear they booted the room crawl too.

assholes!

I don't think that myspace would boot profiles just because they are events. They police the site similarly to the "u-moderate" on this site. If someone posts an image to your comments page you are given the option to approve, deny or "mark as spam". If enough people mark your comments as spam, the myspace computer will automatically terminate the profile. That's why it's better to use the event invitation feature or utilize the bulletins...

I had someone complain that I was posting nudity on my site. I had posted in the pictures section an image of a t-shirt of a drawn pin up girl who was scantily clad but clearly not nude. Because someone had marked it as "inappropriate material" myspace yanked the image then sent me a message explaining why. I asked why it was removed when the photo clearly was not inappropriate, I eventually received a response explaining to me that they do not have the time to police every image complained against which is why they just go by the stats of the user. When it comes to lewd photos they remove them immediately as to be better safe than sorry, as for spam if a certain number of people mark something as inappropriate or spam the profile is deleted. You can thank those free iphone-macy's gift cards-etc. bastards...

So my question is did myspace inform anyone that their site was deleted and why or did you just try to log in and it wan't there anymore? Why would they be against events when the reason myspace was generate was for people to post events and hype their bands? Singling out events, commercial or otherwise on a free site doesn't make sense to me.... unless someone was "offended" and gets off on the power of the spam button...

The invitable events are such a pain to send around. You get little grops of friends and have to click them individually. It would be much more user friendly if you could just mass invite friend categories. They introduced these a while ago.

Bump

Pages: 1 10 replies