Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Finding Demerara in MA?

Pages: 1 12 replies

J

My usual sources for Lemon Hart Demerara -- the Wine and Cheese Cask in Somerville and Acton Liquors (in Acton) -- are out of stock. The latter reports that "my distributor is out of 151 and doesn't know when they'll be getting more". They (and I) have plenty of the 80, but I'm down to my last 2" or so of the 151, which counts as a crisis in my household. Anyone know other places to find the 151 in MA/RI? Alternatively, is there any El Dorado (overproof or otherwise) available hereabouts?

I have yet to find any Lemon Hart Demerara anywhere near me in MA (New Bedford). So, I hope you get some answers to your mystery question..

Cheers!

Rick

My usual sources are Blanchard's in Allston, and Martignetti's on Soldier's Field Road. They always have it, and for a good price.

Last time I checked, Yankee Spirits Sturbridge would still order it for you.

Gordon's in Waltham (Main Street location) always has the lower proof Lemon Hart. Wine Cellers of Silene in Waltham (near the Bertucci's on Winter Street just off Route 128) nearly always has the 151 Lemon Hart.

S

Since you said "Demerara" I have to mention that Blanchard's in Jamaica Plain has the El Dorado white, gold, 15-year and 21-year-olds. They used to carry the 12-year-old, the best buy of the bunch, but don't list it any more. Hmm, actually, they don't list the white or gold any more, though I did see some on the shelf a couple/few weeks ago.

Kappy's in Peabody (Rts. 128 and 114) usually has El Dorado (5 - 15 year) and both Lemon Harts (80 and 151). I am not sure about Saugus.

I am not sure about Saugus.

Sully, you want to field that one? :wink:

S

The Saugus Kappy's has always seemed hit or miss to me, whereas the Peabody store generally has a good selection. Even though Peabody has less shelf-space for rum, it's stocked with better stuff. I think this is because there's a bit of a rum expert in that store, though I've never managed to run into him or confirm the rumor (heard from a store employee, so not quite a rumor).

J

Thanks for all the tips. I drive past Wine Cellars of Silene regularly. I'll pop in there tomorrow and see if I can pick up a couple of bottles. Hopefully they aren't out of stock too.

For what it's worth, Kappy's in Sudbury has a good rum selection but I've never seen any Demerara there.

Scottes, that's good to know about the El Dorado at Blanchard's. I'll have to make a run into town and check them out.

[ Edited by: jacflash 2008-06-19 18:48 ]

Just a followup... picked up a few bottles today, which should hold me for a while. Thanks y'all!

Glad to hear it worked out. If you went to Wine Cellar of Silene, hopefully you didn't buy them all - I need to get some too!

J

Nope, I left at least one on the shelf! :D

Pages: 1 12 replies