Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Mahiki Rum

Pages: 1 15 replies

Mahiki Rum is here!

Not sure if it will be available in the US, but I do know a certain travelling musician has a bottle of each stashed in his Ukelele case that he may be willing to share.

Better ingredients.

Better tiki.

Papa Jules

I will be reviewing these rums in the near future on my website. The Cognac Cask Rum is not available in the UK yet but will be later according to my contact. According to Papa Jules you can get the white and gold rums from Venus at a significantly cheaper price. I'm not sure if it was http://www.venusandco.com he was refering to.

Are these available in the US?

I don't think they are yet because it was just launched. I'll find out.

H

I had a chance to taste this rum last night at the Tonga Hut, King Kukulele brought two bottles there for us to sample, I preferred the dark one. It was very good. Would be nice to be able to purchase this rum here in the States.

I got the White Rum and Gold Rum today. Reviews will be published sometime next week. The third rum I will get when it is released in the UK.

I have published the first review of the white rum. In this exclusive review there is also interesting dates regarding distribution in other countries such as the US. Enjoy!

The Gold Rum has been reviewed, it is a pretty nice rum but I'd probably wait for the prices to drop before rushing off to buy one from Selfridges or perhaps it is better to wait till September when they will be more widely available. I've also included some cocktail making in this review (with pics!).

[ Edited by: Count Silvio 2008-07-16 11:47 ]

A

I'm curious as to how this rum is being made. Is Mahiki contracting with a distiller? And since both this and Tommy Bahama rums are from Barbados, are they possibly one and the same?

How it is made is mentioned in the reviews. Papa Jules is working together with Richard Seale.

M

Tommy Bahama and Mahiki rums are not the same, but they do come from the same distillery & blender. I tried both in May when I was visiting Richard Seale and the Mahiki has a higher percentage of their pot distillate in the blend then the Tommy Bahama.

Hey guys, Mahiki Rums should become more widely available sometime this month. The exclusive deal with Selfridges has ended.

The exclusive at Selfridges is over and the price has dropped a bit. This is a really nice rum, in my opinion, and the bottle design and presentation make it all the better.

You can get it at Gerry's for 23,55 pounds, not as expensive as in Selfridge's.

http://www.gerrys.uk.com/CatalogueAndCartOct07.aspx

Pages: 1 15 replies