Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Bug-eyed mug?!?

Pages: 1 5 replies

EB

A couple of weeks ago I bought this mug at a local fleamarket for 50 cents. I don't know anything about it, it also has no name, stamp or mark on it. The only sensation is that I bought it here in Austria - and thats quite amazing! Does anybody know something about it?

El Buho, I think I can shed some additional light on this subject but it will have to wait until I return to the States. Right now, my access to technology is very limited.

It was nice meeting you and your lady in London at the non-luau by the way. I never did it make it to Vienna, but it's on my list for a future visit.

• SV
EB

Grüss Gott, Johnny Dollar, thank you very much for the links. It's similar to these but mine hasn't any two-toned glaze. Even the producer is unknown. The colour of mine is kind of honey-brown. I don't think that mine has something to do with Otigari and its not worth anything but thats okay.

@ SV, it was also nice to meet and talk to you. I hope you enjoyed your trips to Prague, Zürich, Berlin and so on and that you arrive safe back at the bay-area. Keep Vienna in mind, even if it has still not a single tiki-bar!

50cents - now that's cheap! looks really nice!

FM

I came across this in my collection of menus and realized I never got around to replying to this post.

Back in the summer of 2008, I spend my summer backpacking around Europe visiting as many tiki establishments as possible. I first came across this mug in a hostel in Sorrento, Italy. I had one given to me as a gift. I came across it again north of Barcelona in a village on the coast called Tossa del Mar which is where this promotional menu came from.

The Eraclea chocolate company had this mug as a part of a promotion for a series of chocolate beverages, each of which could be laced with booze including rum. The coconut chocolate with rum sounds especially tasty but I didn't partake that day. Big mistake.

• fm

Pages: 1 5 replies