Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Friendly TC mug trade?

Pages: 1 19 replies

TS

Hey, for anyone interested, I have a Rongo Bowl from the 45th Anniversary Enchanted Tiki Room event with a COA for trade.

I'd be interested in trading someone who might have an extra Disney Pele (brown or blue glaze)

or the Disney 50th Anniversary Adventureland mug....

Or maybe you have something similarly that you think I might like?
Who knows?
If I don't already have it and I like the style, I'll accept all trade offers.

I figure I'd rather give TCrs a first and fair chance to get this new LE Disneyland Mug/Bowl before I use my last resort option(ebay). I've been trying to get those two mugs mentioned above for a while, but just dont have the pockets to shell out ebay prices. If I make a trade, its a win/win situation...

If you would like to make a trade, let me know through a PM or this thread would be just as good!

[ Edited by: Tom Slick 2008-06-24 09:57 ]

I hope you get one, It took me forever to get those 2 mugs. so I wish you tons of luck, I am sure you will get a taker right away. After those lines we waited in, they should be thankfull that you are willing to trade. have a happy day!

T

Sounds like a great deal but I would really miss my Pele mug.

J

Hey Tom,
I wish I had either of those to trade with you. I've been trying to get my hands on them as well. I just wanted to say how much I appreciate you offering this up as a fair trade on TC before taking it to eBay. It shows a respect for the true collectors that few people show when they buy up all the inventory just to make a profit. Cheers to you!

Tom,
I may be able to hook you up with a Pele mug for trade for a Rongo bowl.

shoot me a e-mail man, and I'll give ya my ph#

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I have an extra Pele...

T

Your first pic has me craving a Hamm's

From the Land of Sky Blue Waters

TS

Thank you all for the replies!
So far, I have 3 interested TCrs, and I will be confirming who gets the trade within the next couple of days. Thanks for everyone's interest!

Also, about the Hamms....hahaha, Its in my top 3 beers to drink. Hamm's, Pabst and Budweiser...I should have photoshopped that out! :lol:

T

Nothing worse than waking up the next morning after a night out with Hamms, Pabst, Budweiser!

K

i'm gonna be getting an extra rongo bowl myself and was curious if anyone wanted to trade for it as well. the shipping may be a lil gnarly cuz i'm up in canada. i'll do up a post once it actually gets here.

TS

Quick update....
BTD has dibs on the trade since he replied first. Hes going to contact me monday to let me know for sure if we are making the swap Pele for Rongo. If in case, that falls through, Monkeyman is next and in order, if he would still be interested...

Now onto new news, My girfriend also purchased an extra and thought it would be cool to make a swap. She would swap her Rongo bowl for the Disneyland 50th Anniversary Adventureland mug. It's already pictured in this thread. We are hoping to swap mugs that also have any and all tags/and or boxes intact. Ours are both with original boxes and come with the elusive certificate of Verification.

If anyone has an extra Adventureland DL50th mug they would be willing to part with and trade for a Rongo Bowl LE 500, PM me or inquire here! Thanks again for the responses!
-Tom

On 2008-06-27 14:08, Tom Slick wrote:
Quick update....
BTD has dibs on the trade since he replied first. Hes going to contact me monday to let me know for sure if we are making the swap Pele for Rongo. If in case, that falls through, Monkeyman is next and in order, if he would still be interested...

Now onto new news, My girfriend also purchased an extra and thought it would be cool to make a swap. She would swap her Rongo bowl for the Disneyland 50th Anniversary Adventureland mug. It's already pictured in this thread. We are hoping to swap mugs that also have any and all tags/and or boxes intact. Ours are both with original boxes and come with the elusive certificate of Verification.

If anyone has an extra Adventureland DL50th mug they would be willing to part with and trade for a Rongo Bowl LE 500, PM me or inquire here! Thanks again for the responses!
-Tom

Maybe Monkeyman has the Disneyland 50th Anniversary Adventureland mug as well to trade. I am sure that would make his day. I am so happy you found someone to trade with and that you are sharing your wealth, it's nice to share. In fact when Disney asked me do you want 1 fountains or 2, I said to them 1, I want someone else to get one too. It's nice to let others be happy too.

On 2008-06-27 14:28, tiki-a-fair wrote:
Maybe Monkeyman has the Disneyland 50th Anniversary Adventureland mug as well to trade. I am sure that would make his day. I am so happy you found someone to trade with and that you are sharing your wealth, it's nice to share. In fact when Disney asked me do you want 1 fountains or 2, I said to them 1, I want someone else to get one too. It's nice to let others be happy too.

Well I see it like this....Yes I waited in line for a Limited Edition bowl/mug and it was a frustrating morning, but the mug only cost me $40, and I really dont care what its current "worth" on ebay is......I'd be happy with either of the two mentioned mugs, and would rather help someone else out with their collection first, before selling mine on ebay, just so I could use the ebay money to buy the mugs I want...Its just easier and without the markup....I think The Adventureland 50th had originally sold for $35, and the Pele I believe sold for the same. I'm also pretty sure that neither of those two mugs(Pele and DL 50th Adventureland) were limited to a low production of 500, which should make this even more enticing for those who have an extra one to trade! :D We all win!....Now who has 2 or more Shag Adventureland mugs lying around collecting dust and who would like to trade for a Rongo Bowl? :P

Ehh, I stand corrected....I was surfing ebay and saw the Shag Adventureland was also produced limited edition of 500....I just saw one on ebay....A trade can still be a win win! hehe...Edited for my correction!

[ Edited by: Tom Slick 2008-06-28 08:22 ]

It's funny reading this post, because I too have an extra Rongo I wanted to trade for a Pele (any color). My girlfriend and I went the Disney event. I bought 2 (one for myself, and one to hopefully trade... I figure it would be cheaper for someone to trade for the bowl as opposed to trying to buy it from Disney over the phone). My girlfriend bought the other 2 bowls for my brother, who couldn't make the event. My brother loves his, but his friend who was suppose to take the other one flaked out! So now I have 2 extras.

I'd love to find someone local to trade with (save on shipping!) Monkeyman, your just down the road from me, want to trade the extra Pele you got?

Let me know!

TS

Step off my KoolAid, and get your own thread's, vultures! :P
Just keeding! Trade up!

Step off my KoolAid, and get your own thread's, vultures!
Just keeding! Trade up!

Sorry! I waited till you accepted someone else's trade before I put mine in there. Hope I didn't break any tiki karma!

Tom, I got the mug for ya,
call me bruddah.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Hey Tcr's!
I have another offer if anyone is interested. I have (2) BeachBum Burts glasses for possible trade.
See http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/mug.cgi?mode=view&mug_id=3344

ooga mooga for photos.....
PM me if you might have something along the same lines (glassware or ceramic is fine), or maybe you have an extra copy of a(preferably SoCal) polynesian influenced menu/drink menu? Let me know....
I was very impressed at how smooth my last 2 trades went, that I thought I'd throw this one out there too! It's another opportunity for someone looking for these glasses to not have to come directly out of pocket!
BeachBum Burts was located in my hometown of Redondo Beach, and it was a cool place while it lasted.(I went when I was like 9 years old or so!)

Image courtesy of OogaMooga.com and the Collection of Tiki-Kate.
Also, a few pictures and history on BeachBum burts can be found here:
http://www.critiki.com/cgi-bin/pictures.cgi?loc_id=554

[ Edited by: Tom Slick 2008-08-27 23:30 ]

[ Edited by: Tom Slick 2008-09-15 14:06 ]

One friendly bump before they hit ebay. I'd rather let a TCr have dibs on 1 set(2 glasses) for trade... PM me if interested. I'm open to trade suggestions.

M

On 2008-06-25 12:04, kiyosai wrote:
i'm gonna be getting an extra rongo bowl myself and was curious if anyone wanted to trade for it as well. the shipping may be a lil gnarly cuz i'm up in canada. i'll do up a post once it actually gets here.

Thanks kiyosai for the trade. I think we are both extremely Happy with our trade. I didn't know what I was going to do wit my extra Pele mug. I just uploaded the Rongo Bowl photo to Ooga-Mooga!

Pages: 1 19 replies