Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Thrillville's Elvis D-Day Luau, El Cerrito CA 8/14

Pages: 1 5 replies

THRILLVILLE'S ELVIS D-DAY LUAU
Hosted by Will the Thrill and Monica Tiki Goddess
http://www.thrillville.net

Featuring the King's Polynesian Pop classic BLUE HAWAII (1962, 35mm)
plus
Hula dancing by THE WIGGLIN' WAHINES live on stage

Thursday, August 14, 9:15, $9, 18+
(yea yea, I'll be hosting Tiki Oasis movie night too and I know some of you will already be in San Diego 8/14, what can ya do)

CERRITO SPEAKEASY THEATER
Food, booze, love seats
10070 San Pablo Ave El Cerrito CA
http://www.cerritospeakeasy.com

D@mmi#! I'll be at TikiO!!! Why do you do this to me, Will?!!!

Well, it's a personal vendetta, for one thing...actually,it's not up to me, it's up to the King, who decided to disappear on August 16, 1977, and I have to do my annual D-Day show during "Death Week" as a matter of principal (last year, the 30th anniversary, my show, which I do Thursdays, actually fell on August 16)... I asked Otto to move Tiki Oasis to the following or previous weekend to accommodate this fact, but he was already locked into a long term deal with the hotel. Now I have to haul ass that Friday and miss the meet and greet Thurs at Bali Hai. It sucks all around. But at least I will be hosting the Oasis flick ON D-Day and can throw some Elvisness into the zombie bill, which does work out, in a sick way. Aloha & TCB.

BUMPSVILLE, CATS*

Just a reminder to anyone still in the Bay Area next Thursday...BLUE HAWAII is being presented in a superrare, archival
35mm print...it took a lot of trouble for me to locate and secure it, so I hope to see you there, if not, I'll see you at B Movie Nite next Saturday in San Diego - I EAT YOUR SKIN plus a half hour trailer reel combining zombie, tropical and Elvis movies....TCB & aloha

MT

Hey Hipster,
Care to enlighten us with some words of wisdom on the whole slow moving zombies vs. fast moving zombies controversy on the Oasis thread? Thanks, Pally!

I haven't tested this theory, but I'd guess rigamortis tends to neutralize the body's atheletic abilities. But I like all zombies. Slow ones creep me out, fast ones crack me up. Either way, a good time. Just like I dig all Elvis - young, skinny, fat, alive, dead. Elvis is undead.

Pages: 1 5 replies