Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Tiki Bar In A Suitcase

Pages: 1 20 replies

I got a big kick out of this photo of what looks to be a suitcase bar that's been re-modded to produce tropical-cocktails, complete with plastic Tiki mugs, and what appears to be a bottle of Trader Vic's Mai Tai mix partly visible on the left.

In case the image doesn't show up due to Tiki Central's current DNS issues, you can view it over at the wonderful vernacular photo site I ganked it from, bighappyfunhouse.

Weblog: Eye of the Goof

[ Edited by: MrBaliHai 2008-06-24 14:40 ]

Hey, that's cute! I want one of those :D

On 2008-06-30 04:12, sandy4569 wrote:
Hey, that's cute! I want one of those :D

Me too, but I'd definitely stock it with better ingredients, and lose the crappy plastic mugs.

Not sure how to get all that liquid through the TSA security checkpoint at the airport though.

I have this same portable bar and well, all that stuff won't fit in it. I am using it to guest bartend at a party Saturday and I'll have a picnic basket and cooler in tow for the overflow.

C

I have a portable tiki bar also, it folds flat to 2 inches thick.
It does not fit in a suitcase, but it is portable. You can take it camping or set it up in a hotel room easily. I set it up near my car, because I would not want to carry all the mixers, ice and alcohol very far.

Here is a picture from a recent camping trip.

T
twitch posted on Wed, Jul 9, 2008 7:49 PM

You can find those sometimes at the thrifts for cheap.
I reupholstered mine with some faux leopard-skin & threw in some random bottles from the bar -

Think I should finally find some classier (?) glasses to go with it, I think...

CaptnKirk, love the folding Tiki Bar - what a cool idea!

(pssst - you might want to ditch the plastic Party City Tiki, I think you can get excommunicated for that! Just tell them you used it to keep your bar lightweight and portable so you could spread the joy of Tiki to the ends of the earth)

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2008-07-13 20:23 ]

On 2008-07-08 08:00, captnkirk wrote:
I have a portable tiki bar also, it folds flat to 2 inches thick.

REAL Cool! with this you`re well set up wherever you go!

http://amountainofcrushedice.blogspot.com/

[ Edited by: Little fragrant Tiare 2008-07-14 15:20 ]

On 2008-07-13 20:19, MadDogMike wrote:
CaptnKirk, love the folding Tiki Bar - what a cool idea!

(pssst - you might want to ditch the plastic Party City Tiki, I think you can get excommunicated for that! Just tell them you used it to keep your bar lightweight and portable so you could spread the joy of Tiki to the ends of the earth)

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2008-07-13 20:23 ]

I am planning to to ditch the plastic tiki. However the tiki faithful have not complained yet! Once the get a look at the other side of the bar they get very quiet. After 3 or 4 perfectly mixed classic tiki drinks they forget to complain about the painted plastic tiki.

If you can not come to paradise, I will bring it to you.

• Don the Beachcomber

[ Edited by: captnkirk 2008-07-23 04:10 ]

K
KuKu posted on Thu, Jul 24, 2008 3:27 PM

The guys in Sarong-O-Rama @ Hukilau this year had one complete with shaker & strainer, a lil ice bucket etc. It was soooo cool, they mixed some fun rum grog and even sliced a lime to squeeze in it and enjoyed a nice libation while showing off their fashionable threads... :drink:

H

Here is mine.

K
KuKu posted on Sun, Jul 27, 2008 5:30 PM

hiltiki- I wanna travel with you... :) :drink:

One day, there will be a cure for tiki,
That's the day I'll throw my rum away...

[ Edited by: KuKu 2008-07-27 17:31 ]

Here's my uke.
I like to practice a lot.

And for you secret agent types this one comes with a cocktail shaker and two compartments for Gin and/or tonic, or maybe you can rig it up to self distruct for unauthorized useage.

T

Getting ready for Tiki Oasis, here is my version of the suitcase bar. Rum to arrive by safer method!!

I can never fit enough into one of the suitcases, there are always extra containers required. Clearly I just need more portable bars.

O

Just picked this barrel bar up at a thrift store. Not as portable as my leather one but it sure looks cool.

H

Tim, that's a cool looking barrel bar. Did it come with some stuff in it already?

O

Hiltiki,

The barrel bar had a dozen gold rimmed glasses and a layer of dirt.

Regarding that Barrel Bar, if I may quote the immortal Butthead, "that is the coolest thing I have ever seen before in my life."

B

[ Edited by: BlackFish 2009-09-08 04:48 ]

Pages: 1 20 replies