Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

NYC Otto's Shrunken Head July 5th Surf Rock Shindig

Pages: 1 13 replies

Hey all -- I'll be there, along with the lovely AlohAlanna from Austin TX.

A great line-up:

On another note, have any NYC TC-ers been to the Rusty Knot yet? Their spiced colada is featured in the NY Times today. Maybe we can muster a group for a visit on an unhip, uncrowded Monday night.

Dave

I should be able to make it.

I haven't read the article, but I have been to Rusty Knot. I did try their spiced colada (or maybe it was the Rusty Knot) and it was pretty good. Their mai tai is a bit disappointing. The nearby Elettaria is superior.

We should still make it ago out of it, definitely on a unhip night.

K

We have been wanting to try the Rusty Knot too!

ill try the knot _ butt - I have not heard the greatest reviews from people outside of the papers. Meaning friends that have gone. WE can always leave if it does not stand up to the greatness they claim! then trash the place on line!

BTTT

Hopefully I'll see some of you guys on Saturday night!!!

Nicole and I will be up in MA and NH over the weekend. Too bad because the lineup looks great.

You guys have fun and enjoy the 4th!

K

I'm working Saturday but might drop by on my way home from work about 9pm
Would anyone be there then?

Actually, 4th of July weekend might be a good quiet time to hit a popular bar.
If anyone would want to meet at the Rusty Knot or Elleteria around 9pm before
they go to the surf shindig, let me know!

[ Edited by: KikiTiki 2008-07-03 07:35 ]

Good idea Kiki! We'll be at Elettaria then around 8:30.

K

I'll drop by Elletaria after I get off work at 8:30!

T

I will try to stop by Elletaria as well.

-Jack

On 2008-07-05 09:35, KikiTiki wrote:

I'll drop by Elletaria after I get off work at 8:30!

Excellent! D & I will also be at Elletaria before Otto's. Tonite's surf line-up is great: Ninth Wave shouldn't be missed...not sure if we're going to be able to stay for Mr. Neutron, but whoever does should definitely pick up their latest CD... :)
-Gina

Sorry that I had missed this event. I was at Cape Cod, and thought this event was after the long weekend. Hope you guys had fun!

I have always wanted to ckeck out a Unsteady Freddie show in person...I bet this one was great.

I have always wanted to ckeck out a Unsteady Freddie show in person...I bet this one was great.

Pages: 1 13 replies