Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

More Exotica Music!

Pages: 1 11 replies

S

My radio station, Exotica Tiki Lounge has more than doubled its playlist. I added over 40 new songs today. (Actually I think it's over 60! I didn't count.)

If you really like/dislike something be sure to rate it (Thumbs up/down). I just got the capability to view these statistics. I will try to use them to adjust my playlist. I've already deleted a few obviously disliked tunes.

Thanks all you listeners. I'll post actual statistics later so you can see how it's helping.

Hey, check out my radio station on live365. It's called Exotica Tiki Lounge
http://www.live365.com/stations/300703

[ Edited by: stunrut on 2003-03-05 14:51 ]

S

My radio station is doing great!

Since Feb 13th I've had 526:33 total listening hours. The music stream has been launched 432 times.

On Feb 13th I was the only one who had my station in their presets. Now there are 66!

My rank within my genre has gone from 216 up to 38!

My overall rank has gone from 6427 up to 1671!

I thank all of my listeners for this and for those of you who haven't been...

...What are you missing?

S

hey, it's sounding cool! nice work. :o)

S

Thank you! I appreciate that. Heck, I appreciate that you bothered to go listen!

-Stuart :)

I can't remember my Live365 user name or password. D'OH!

S

Time for a new account. lol

S

Question for the general public...

If I added a few lighter tiki songs like "The Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room" would it ruin my station?

I like my station as it is and I'm always finding new music following my current format. That's not a problem. I'm just looking to entertain my public.

That's you folks!

Tell me what you think.

-Stuart

VERY NICE, Stunrut!!! Damn! Keeps me smilin' all day! Of course... It keeps me wishin' for a Mai Tai, too, so it's not always that good a thing through the week. Actually... I love it as "Work Music." Very good!

S

Thank you! I have gotten several really nice compliments on the boards here.

I started the station for my own enjoyment. Now that I am gaining listeners very quickly I am paying more attention to what I play. I hope to keep it top notch.

Thanks again.

-Stuart

S

OK folks! I just added about 25 more songs to my station. I added more variety this time as far as artists are concerned.

Some more Yma Sumac, Vic Damone, Duke Ellington and Herb Jeffries, Pink Martini, Andre Kostelanetz, Percy Faith, Enoch Light, etc.

By the way I don't know if anyone remembers Herb Jeffries. Back in the day of the singing cowboy he was known as "The Bronze Buckaroo".

T

Yes, yes. I have been listening faithfully for the last three days to the station. It even compelled me to bid on and win an Arthur Lyman CD on ebay. Looking for the Martin Denny now.

S

Well, if you like them you ought to try Robert Drasnin. He's on there also.

Pages: 1 11 replies