Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Wicked Good ~ Tiki Purse

Pages: 1 18 replies

D

Pepe le Tiki of Funhauser Decor gave me this awesome purse ~ made of automotive upholstery! i love the vinyl material, piping and the nifty zipper pull. the purse is finished inside and out ~ the gal who makes these unique handbags lives in Canada, her company name is "Wicked" ~ i'm pretty sure Pepe has more available! (bug him to post pictures!)

Very cool bag Dogbytes! Is it large enough to conceal large tiki mugs,
or only smaller ones?

D

this was too small to boost a Fisherman's Platter from Alibi

but the skull handbag that Shay has, is big enough

I'll post some pics asap! There's a variety of styles available and because they're hand-crafted, there's really no two alike. The interiors are also amazing. We also have other themes like skulls, cocktails, zebra skin, cat's etc.
FYI- the purse like Dogbyte's is $80 cdn & the larger sized ones like Shay's $90 cdn. (+ shipping)

If anyone's interested, pm me or email me via the store, [email protected]

As soon as I can afford one, I'm definitely buying one! They are the coolest purses I've seen.

Automotive upholstery AND cool fabrics? I'm IN! Awesome bag Dogbytes!!

PLT

New purses below!

[ Edited by: Pepe le Tiki 2008-11-17 13:42 ]

What's that in US dollars? and what do you think it would cost to ship to California, is there all that funky import tax stuff? I have a horror story about shipping to and from Canada. But that metalflake purse (#5) is destined to carried by the beautiful Mrs bananabobs!
She needs a purse that cool...cause she's so hot!

PLT

Our dollars are close to par right now ($1cdn = $ .98us).
It's around $20 to ship to California. You might have to pay duty or state tax on it at your end. (Depending on wether the customs/postal worker is having a bad day).

Let me know if you want it! (I like that one too)

Great work Pepe. They're gorgeous!

C

I am totally drooling on #6

PLT

On 2008-07-05 20:16, catmomma wrote:
I am totally drooling on #6

Thanks Catmomma!
Sorry to say that one sold today but watch for more! I'll post them as I get them in!

K

These are rocking!

But the part about paying duty sounds weird/bad. I had an eBay purchase
shipped from Canada and I didn't have to pay anything extra.....

On 2008-07-09 20:49, KikiTiki wrote:

These are rocking!

But the part about paying duty sounds weird/bad. I had an eBay purchase
shipped from Canada and I didn't have to pay anything extra.....

Thanks!
I'm pretty sure there is no duty on these. The NAFTA agreement exempts most items that are for 'personal use' and that are made in Canada, US or Mexico. To date, I haven't heard of anyone having to pay extra.

[ Edited by: Pepe le Tiki 2009-09-04 23:01 ]

C

These are GREAT bags - I bought one in the Spring & got tons of compliments on it at HRHH, Oasis & the NETT.

Really well made, too!!!

Held up great with all of the cramming of bottles of rum & all into them :wink:

I just wanted to thank Peter at Funhauser Decor for my fantastic new sparkly metal flake purse! It arrived toute suite without delay, and the customer service was phenomenal! While this one is mine (mine all mine!!!), they have some gorgeous new styles in right now, call or email them for more details.

For all your tiki heisting needs!

tikiwahine does not condone theft of items not belonging to the purse wearer or associates

Dang!! Lucky...!

Hmmm... a new marketing twist.

A few remaining hand crafted purses still available.... Mini Purse is $90 / Other purses are $115 - prices include shipping in the Continental U.S.! (Currently, can only accept payment via paypal)
Pictures...
http://web.me.com/alsatomic/Funhauser/Wicked_Purses.html

[ Edited by: Pepe le Tiki 2009-09-05 08:29 ]

Pages: 1 18 replies