Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Hyper tufa carvings

Pages: 1 6 replies

I originally posted these pics in the carving section http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=28598&forum=7&13 and thought that they would also apply here. I have recently completed some other projects that include the two Tiki torches and the Tiki table top that I carved in a pinstripe version of a Tiki.

[ Edited by: alexdog1 2008-06-30 10:25 ]

[ Edited by: alexdog1 2008-06-30 10:30 ]

Very Nice. I didn't realize hypertufa was structurally strong enough to make a table out of. Are those pieces molded in that shape or carved after they cure?

Looks like hypertufa would also work for faux rocks. I priced a fiberglass faux rock at Lowe's/Home Depot and it was $40. Seems like you should be able to make one for about $5 worth of cement and peat moss.

Hey Alexdog those new torches are great. I spent last Sunday making a torch and it is unbelievable how much it looks like yours. The table is really nice, that pinstripe tiki on top could be an ancient carving.

A

Thanks. I poured the tufa in a round mold made from metal dryer venting and then carved.

A

Here are a few more that I forgot about.

Looking good and great medium. Gotta love those tiki torches.

T

That Moai second from the bottom has much life. Great sunken eyes. And that cement pinstripe is something. Never saw that before. The color on that stone has nice tones too. I need to get back into cement soon.

Pages: 1 6 replies