Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

You godda be kiddin me....oye

Pages: 1 21 replies

M
McTiki posted on Wed, Jul 2, 2008 5:21 AM

he'll probably throw in a free bottle of snake oil.

T
teaKEY posted on Wed, Jul 2, 2008 6:31 AM

You godda be kiddin me....oye
On 2008-07-02 05:21, McTiki wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Giant-wooden-Tiki-Head_W0QQitemZ220252594241QQihZ012QQcategoryZ29460QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Dude, It's totally worth every penny! -It's real hand carved wood!!!!!! :D

K
Kenike posted on Wed, Jul 2, 2008 7:16 AM

You'd think for that kind of money he'd at least take better pictures...or at least rotate them. I'm sure sticking his face in two
identical pics is a good selling tool as well.

He'd probably have more success calling it El Chupacabra. It sure ain't tiki.

T

Why would anyone go to Hawaii to buy a mask most likely made in Indonesia?

M
McTiki posted on Wed, Jul 2, 2008 8:30 AM

On 2008-07-02 07:20, Turbogod wrote:
Why would anyone go to Hawaii to buy a mask most likely made in Indonesia?

Phillipines

T
teaKEY posted on Wed, Jul 2, 2008 8:52 AM

I don't know but my sister went to Hawaii and wanted to get me something tiki and bought me two. There just piled in the corner. I heard that there isn't has much tiki as you would think over there. The last person I knew who went over their asked for me about tiki and they had no clue as to what she was asking for. Then said, Oh, that old tourist type stuff.

T

Well he doesn't have any bids, so there may yet be hope that humanity isn't THAT stupid :) Check out the shipping cost too, 200 clams!! Geesh!

V

Man, that is crazy!

I got a "tiki" just like it (only mine was a foot tall) when I was in 4th grade on the big island. Hung on my door for years. Man, I loved that thing!

T
twitch posted on Wed, Jul 2, 2008 4:44 PM

Hmm...wonder how much he'd sell a foot-taller like the one I have (Value Village, $3.50). I could work it through him for consignment! The first time you see these "tiki" masks they look cool, until you realize how ubiquitous they are...

B

Thats just wrong! Amusing though. All hail the god of tourism! The teeth are for devouring dollars. I'm Sure it would look great on the wall of house built on some Central Southern Florida property I have for sale.

K
Kenike posted on Wed, Jul 2, 2008 5:45 PM

On 2008-07-02 17:19, Bohemiann wrote:
The teeth are for devouring dollars.

I'm tellin' you... it's EL CHUPACABRA!!

No sharp tooth tikis at all.You wont see any sharp tooth tikis in Hawaii
or the South Pacific.Very bad juju.

T

Look give me a break I'm just a bizness man trying to sell my Tiki that 'I'VE HAD FOR 15 YEARS.. Take it easy on me..

B

With almost 300 views of this post, I wonder how many here are watching this in there Ebay.. Must be a few.. I swear I saw one of those at the Whaler's General store not long ago for like $60.00...

K

well, at least he's doing shipping for free! what a nice guy! hahahahhahahhaha!!

0 feedback, I think it will stay that way for a while...

yeah, you see those over in the Farmers Market, and the "International Martket" here in Kona. Ones' I see the most are a bit smaller that that one, and are about $30 to $60. This one does look big, and it is a cool looking carving. Maybe not exactly a tiki. . You could hang it in your child's room! Like, over thier bed.

Like Van Tiki's comment..

I got a "tiki" just like it (only mine was a foot tall) when I was in 4th grade on the big island. Hung on my door for years. Man, I loved that thing!

This explains why Vantiki is creating so many scary looking giant mugs!

Whilst they aren't Hawaiian they are carved for the Hawaiian Market. Our Philipino suppliers are one of many that makes them to export to Hawaii, people love them, we have had a few in the past and they sell like Hot cakes but at nowhere near that price!

B

P.T. Barnum said it best. "Theres a sucker born every day". It's worth what someone will pay. Maybe he should sign and number it to increase it's value. It's the ONLY one he has had for 15 years.

T

Actually that should read every "minute" rather than day :) Interestingly, the phrase was attributed to Barnum but he didn't originate it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There's_a_sucker_born_every_minute

GAD! What does it cost to list an item with a starting bid of $2,500?? Whatever it is, it's a bad investment.

Pages: 1 21 replies