Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Mahalo to Gecko for making a tough transition easier

Pages: 1 2 replies

DMT

I'd like to send out a big thank you to Gecko for helping me out.

I've lived in Honolulu 13 years and I've have been over to his place a couple times. He's always friendly and kind to my kids.

Well, I recently decided to take a job in Perth, Australia and I was really lamenting my imminent potential reduction in Tiki lifestyle. But when my new employer told me they would ship everything I own down there - no matter how much it weighed - I quickly contacted Gecko to see if he had a a big carved Tiki ready to go on safari. He came through with this 6.5 foot beauty! It graced the memorial service of Martin Denny in Waikiki a few years back. Absolutely awesome. (It is shown here in my garage awaiting the big move this Monday).

Well, when I picked up the Tiki up at his place I could tell it took something out of him to part with it. The carver loved his creation... as do I.

If you are reading this my friend, trust I will take great care of it, and install it in a manner that respectfully promotes the expansion of Tiki culture around the globe.

Mahalo Bro,
Paul

[ Edited by: Dr. Mai Tai 2008-07-05 10:27 ]

:D GECKO = Aloha Spirit :D

Fair winds and following seas, outback and downunder...

Gecko is a very sincere and caring person. If you haven't had the chance to meet him he'll be at Tiki Oasis 8. Wendy

Pages: 1 2 replies