Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Tiki Trade for Oasis

Pages: 1 7 replies

I am currently working on an 11' tiki that I am willing to trade for a round trip airline ticket from Ft. Lauderdale to San Diego for Oasis (August 14-17) plus shipping (will deliver within 100 miles). The tiki is carved from Sabal Palm and will be finished completely upon delivery. This is a great deal for such a large tiki. See my thread for examples of my work. PM me if interested.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=12451&forum=7

The tiki has 3' of extra pole that can be cut to fit your ceiling height if desired or planted for outdoor display. Here is an image of the tiki in progress... I will continually update.

[ Edited by: AlohaStation 2008-07-07 10:47 ]

Here's an update. Almost finished. He just needs some finish sanding, paint, fire and Poly. This guy is going to look great.

S
squid posted on Wed, Jul 9, 2008 6:39 PM

Sorry I can't help you out, other than bumping the thread :) The only thing more amazing than the way this baby is looking, is how you manage to get the chairs, coolers and wood chips to stay on the wall like that. WWWoOOOOOAAAAHHH!

B

OMG Squid - that's TOO funny! I had to look at the pics again to realize you're right - that is a massive accomplishment. Could he be related to Chris Angel?! hehe

Thanks Squid - its amazing what you can do with Duct Tape and chewing gum.
Bead - sorry, most of my relatives are rednecks and that makes reunions "magical".

Here's an update. Still looking for someone to give him a good home. Just needs Stain (optional) and Urethane!

S

Considering Expedia has this trip at $287 (probably plus some sort of fees) I'd say that's a good deal! That's $26 a foot for the whole thing, or, cutting 3 feet off, that's still just $32 a foot...

N
NOTCH posted on Thu, Jul 17, 2008 9:33 AM

Thats one very cool tiki for trade and a very sweet trade it is.
Someone better jump on this deal!! Awesome job!

What a steal - At that price, I could almost afford to the extra expense of shipping across the country! Someone needs to snap this up right now....

Pages: 1 7 replies