Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Forbidden Island/Meshugga Beach Party 4th of July Float pix

Pages: 1 8 replies

M

Aloha,

Just wanted to share some pictures with you all of the FI/Meshugga Float in the Alameda Parade July 4th. The parade, which is one of the longest in the US (over 2 miles, over 150 floats) winds all over the island.

We rented a 24ft flatbed, decorated it extra-hoopty, and Meshugga Beach Party rocked their way down the street on the back of the float. The parade, which was advertised to move at 5 mph, apprently was in fact a NASCAR event and Rebecca, Michael, Stephanie, and I pretty much spent two hours running behind a truck chock full o' chosen for the whole time- hence no pictures of the actual parade.

Still very sore, but very pleased to say that Meshugga took home First Place in the "Best Civilian Band" category!!!

Here you go:

(no shit: the float in front of us was the mormons, and the float behind us was "Alameda County Alcohol Treatment Programs" D'oh!)

[ Edited by: martiki 2008-07-07 12:13 ]

Very Cool, Congratulations!!

very cool, congrats.

the Surfaris of "Wipeout" Fame played on the Huntington Beach International Surfing Museum Float in the HB 4th parade.
the Float won an award.

I didn't go so I dont have a pic.
but I bet they looked similar,
except for the outfits.
:wink:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

That's a bigass trophy!! Mazel Tov!

[ Edited by: Haole'akamai 2008-07-07 14:02 ]

MT

I snapped off some good pics. But oy, my computer is feeling fahklempt, so I am having troubles with the uploading and the posting and the viewing of the pictures. Maybe sometime soon I can post some pictures? Am I even wasting my breath?

The float was very cool. You guys must have been running fast because I only saw Mike handing out flyers and then a blur that looked like Stephanie running past us.
Another fun 4th in Alameda.

Oy, a big shayner danke to the whole Forbidden Island crew for helping put together such a fun event! While we were literally rocking and rolling on the float, Martin and the gang were running their collective tuchuses off handing out fliers and coupons. Next year I think they should consider roller skates!

J

I just found out last night that the judge for the bands was my usual pianist when I do my jazz gigs. Not the guy I would expect to dig Meshugga's music, but I'm glad he was able to step out of his usual genre to judge the parade fairly.

That is RAD!!! Thanks for postin' them pics. Glad to hear y'all are getting your exercise. That is pure comedy who they put your float between.

Congrats on the win Messhugga!

Pages: 1 8 replies