Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: Tiki-Surf Artist RICK RIETVELD's latest design...

Pages: 1 6 replies

T
teaKEY posted on Mon, Jul 7, 2008 3:41 PM

I can't make it out with the picture size. What are the expressions of the eyes? Cool for a Sam but I guess I don't get why.

yeah, it's a little hard to see in this pic but it's the reflection of waves breaking in the ocean that's on the sunglasses.

I second that motion...but if this T-shirt is intended to maybe make some of those who WANT war reconsider it, this character isn't gonna do it. :)

B

sheesh. Rick is a deep thinker, and his art is often extremely esoteric, but this killer graphic is easy to grasp.

This shirt is for TRUE AMERICANS to express that they want PEACE. Uncle Sam represents the hearts and minds of AMERICA not any particular administration.

I think it's a winner!!!

All I see is a likeness of Sam as an old hippy that beautifully depicts the cliche that pro-war conservatives have of a peace-nik, and which they can show to their children and say "See, this is what the anti-war liberals look like." WE all know what is cool about it and that it is not so, sure, but we've already made up our minds about the issue. That image is not aiding the cause, but furthering partisan behaviour, in my opinion.

M

Isn't there some rule here about not bringing up politics? Isn't this like number 1 on the no no list?

[ Edited by: mymotiki 2008-07-11 17:46 ]

Pages: 1 6 replies