Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Help -1971 "M" Hawaii Vintage Dress

Pages: 1 7 replies

My mom found this beauty (no laughing) at a chruch rummage sale in Sac. for a quarter!! Anyone have any info? This looks like a McDonald's M. I checked Matson Cruise Line and the M looks different. The label reads Hawaiian Incentive Services LTD., Honolulu. It's never been worn. Any help is appreciated.

[ Edited by: Tigerlily 2008-07-10 23:29 ]

It's from McDonald's.

kate thanks for the info. i could not figure it out since the arches are red and not yellow. this dress if perfect for me since i'm a vegeterian. the shirt sales for $225, that can't be for real, i guess my mom got a deal.

It's for real, but see that the link is from almost 2 years ago and is still live? The Hana Shirt Co might take less for it, but not a quarter.

Really Super Find!! Congrats!

Check out hanashirtco.com. They have the men's uniform shirt selling for over $200.

On 2008-07-24 13:17, lennieguys wrote:
Check out hanashirtco.com. They have the men's uniform shirt selling for over $200.

...I'm editing my comment - I realise I was being too smarmy. Well, not too smarmy; it's just that I might be misinterpreted as too smarmy. Cuz I like smarmy...

[ Edited by: Haole'akamai 2008-07-24 15:41 ]

Hana Shirt company is way over priced on all his shirts.I have talked to this
guy on the phone recently.Very nice and knowledgeable guy in Arizona , but just
over priced on his shirts .He has been collecting for over 25 years and has
probably over 10,000 shirts.Found one of his shirts recently on ebay for $4,000 .
Back to Tigers dress.Nice score.If you cant wear it- sell it, especially if its
NOS(NEW OLD STOCK).Would sell very easy.Great vintage pattern.Very Cool dress.
1971 wow the good ole' days I was about seven years old.
Cheers,
Trader Bill

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2008-07-25 18:56 ]

Pages: 1 7 replies