Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

auction finds

Pages: 1 5 replies

hi everybody ! this is my first post. found these two at a mid-century
auction yesterday and had to share ! i already had their sister!
more to be posted later.
enjoy,
adrian

those are beautiful ~ is there a manufacturer's mark on them? or some history?

how was your auction experience? i've only attended previews, but have never stayed to bid on anything! were your figurines sold in a lot or as individual pieces?

sorry about all the questions, but its a shopping adventure i've never tried .. and wondered how you liked this method of buying.

hi dogbytes
all the figures are made by delee art of california. i have had the standing figure for years and found the seated pair at the recent auction, and they are in perfect shape. you have to examine everything closely at all auctions. as i understand it, these figures are rare and sell for lots
on ebay. i had about ten people bidding against me so i paid a premium price. but this was a well advertised mid-century auction that posted pics of the two figurines on the auction web site. usually you can get great deals at local auctions, so go for it. the downside is i had to wait 3 1/2 hours for them to be put up, but worth the wait!
yours
adrian

Definitely worth the wait! Nice pick up.
Aloha,
:tiki:

Nice score, floridatiki. I was at the library today flipping through a Hawaiiana price guide and they had the seated pair listed at $600-$900.

These are called stump sitters just FYI

Pages: 1 5 replies