Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

black & decker mouse?

Pages: 1 7 replies

T

Hey has anyone had the same problems with the black & decker mouse attachments I have: the velcro on the attachments is wearing out after only sanding 2 tikis.

I've probably been applying too much pressure when sanding - i noticed it's easy to heat those things up and actually melt the velcro. Trying to take it easier now....

Does anyone know if they sell replacements for these?

Thanks!

Hum, I have a B&D Mouse Sander. I have used it quite a bit on sanding tikis and general sanding around the house. I do change up the sanding attachment on the top of the sander quite a bit though, so I think I haven't had a problem with the velcro and wear due to that reason.

Maybe you got a bum one? Manufacturer's defect?

T

On 2008-07-14 23:48, CheekyGirl wrote:
Hum, I have a B&D Mouse Sander. I have used it quite a bit on sanding tikis and general sanding around the house. I do change up the sanding attachment on the top of the sander quite a bit though, so I think I haven't had a problem with the velcro and wear due to that reason.

Maybe you got a bum one? Manufacturer's defect?

Dunno... but knowing myself like I do, it's probably due more to abuse of the sander. :D

J

Mine did the same thing, it is not from your abuse, but the adhesive used to bond the velcro to the plastic gives out with the heat of the friction. You can epoxy (five minute) some new velcro back on to repair them.

T

On 2008-07-15 17:46, JohnnyP wrote:
Mine did the same thing, it is not from your abuse, but the adhesive used to bond the velcro to the plastic gives out with the heat of the friction. You can epoxy (five minute) some new velcro back on to repair them.

Ooh! Good idea! I tried a little super glue between the sandpaper and velcro pad thinking I could pull the sandpaper off later. It didn't even hold for 2 minutes...

Man I too have suffered the early death of a few mouses allready, But I found a good way to fix the problem. T ake that thing to Wal Mart and tell them you lost the Recipt they will hook you up with a new one every time. Just a little slap in the face to corporate america

Man I too have suffered the early death of a few mouses allready, But I found a good way to fix the problem. T ake that thing to Wal Mart and tell them you lost the Recipt they will hook you up with a new one every time. Just a little slap in the face to corporate america

I giggle at your title for this thread.... I envisioned a computer with a black and orange mouse sitting next to some kind of rugged plasticized keyboard, also black and orange.

But it is early, and I am in that strange place between asleep and awake, between drunk and sober.

So never mind me, just go on about your repair ideas.

And, try some gorilla glue under the velcro, it is a bit flexible and may last longer because of it.

Pages: 1 7 replies