Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Duke Kahanamoku Presents "A Beachboy Party"

Pages: 1 5 replies

Since this is the music page, nothing can top the best cd of all time, well to me... Duke Kahanamoku Presents "A Beachboy Party".

This is what a real party is all about. Hard to believe this was recorded 45 years ago! Listening to this vintage album is really a joy to hear, plus the fact that everyone involved seems to be having a great time. Plus, the fact that Duke is involved is even better.

The cast with Duke: Duke Kahanamoku, Chick Daniels, Panama, Kalakaua, Fat, Jimmy Hakuole, Squeeze Kamana, Splash Lyons...and MCed by Waltah Clarke.

i got this on VINYL at a used record store for 25ยข it was in the 4 for a BUCK bin..it is TRULY a great LP

M

This is indeed a fun LP.
Another cool one, that is way hard to find is - Duke Kahanamoku's Favorites, a collection of great music, 15 tunes, some of which is nye on impossible to find elsewhere.

On 2008-07-14 18:53, msteeln wrote:
This is indeed a fun LP.
Another cool one, that is way hard to find is - Duke Kahanamoku's Favorites, a collection of great music, 15 tunes, some of which is nye on impossible to find elsewhere.

I got my cd on DonTiki.com

Besides their own albums, they were selling the 'Beachboy' cd. 16 tracks in all. After originally hearling it, I became a big fan of Chick Daniels.

I plan to wear my Waltah Clarke shirt dj-ing at Wassermusik 08.

M

Pirate, you won't find DK's Faves there, or anywhere for sale unless you are extremely lucky. But if anyone likes the BeachBoy LP, then try to get the DKF LP, it's some great Hawaiian music, when it was fo' real!

Pages: 1 5 replies