Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Not Homes Invade the Bay 7/14 - 7/19

Pages: 1 8 replies

The Mrs. (Kim), Gigi Valiant and myself will be heading to FI on Wed (7/16) around 8:30. Hope to see some familiar faces.

Gigis says be there or be square

[ Edited by: Daves Not Home 2008-07-15 00:34 ]

T

Imagine that, Not homes not home?

CL

That's awesome. I'll let Mai Tai know. We weren't planning on going Weds...but now it sounds like a good idea. What time are you guys planning on getting there?

J

Well, I've still got 30-something rums to drink in the next 3 weeks, so I'll be there! Tell us what time!

CL

[ Edited by: Coco Loco 2008-07-14 21:48 ]

MT

Bumpity! That's tonight, folks. I'm brushing up on my KajaGooGoo lyrics as we speak.

:music: :music: You're... Too... Shy Shy. Hush-Hush, Eye-to-Eye. :music: :music:
:music: :music: Too... Shy Shy! Hush-Huuuusssh. Eye-to-Eye! :music: :music:

A huge THANKS to the NorCal Crew for being such awesome hosts and hostess cupcakes during our visit!! We were given some great off the beaten path sites to see, places to eat and spot on directions.

One of the high-lites of our trip was our first visit to FI. As many people know, the Not Homes will be late for their own funerals; we intended on being there Wed night at 8:30PM but our wheels didn't screech into the parking lot until 9:40'ish. With it being a school night, we thought for sure we'd miss everyone. But to our delight we were greeted with warm smiles and cold rummy drinks. Not to mention some not to shabby nibbles. There's plenty of "reviews" about the bar so we won't share some long winded thoughts but we will say "that place rules!"

Another high-lite was seeing the Birth of the Cool exhibit. It wasn't as large as we expected but it was cool none the less. If you get a chance to check it out, we highly recommend seeing it. And if you have friends that just "don't get" mid-century, take them along. We're sure it'll be an eye-opener for them.

Thanks to all again and see you in a few weeks at Oasis!!

J

It was great to see you kids! Here are a couple piccies I snapped during your visit.

Y'all come back now, y'hear!

How many mugs did y'all break?

Pages: 1 8 replies