Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

SEATTLE , International Tiki Day Sale Aug 9.

Pages: 1 24 replies

This massage has ben edited for our next event! The Bamboo Grove of qWestwood is hosting a sale of vintage, collectables, and handcrafted tiki decor in celebration of international tiki day Aug 9.
stay tuned for further information and more pics of the loot.
Bamboo Grove of Westwood is located at 9021 24th ave SW WEST SEATTLE, one block directly east of westwiood village
http://www.bamboogroveofwestwood.com

https://tikicentral.com/uploads/3734/44e0b79e.jpg

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2008-07-20 11:49 ]

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2008-07-20 14:05 ]

D

oh figures, im gonna be in portland this weekend.. have a super wonderful Open House and Tikiocity Event..

T

On 2008-07-15 15:10, dogbytes wrote:
oh figures, im gonna be in portland this weekend.. have a super wonderful Open House and Tikiocity Event..

Well maybe there will be a preview party?

Lot's of pictures please for those of us stuck on the East Coast!

Really this sounds fun & I'm jealous that I cannot get there from here!

Beth

"Special guest appearance to be announced." -Sophista-tiki

Really, won't all the guests be special?

This is SO WEIRD! As it turns out this very Saturday (July 19) Woofmutt Stuff & Junk Like That is going to be at Bamboo Grove of Westwood having a sales event we're calling It's Scrap!

Oh! Won't this be fun!

•     •      •     •     •      •      •      •     •

Because this wild and swinging jet setter go-go age is all about looks there are now PICTURES over in the It's Scrap! thread.

Wow. So cool.

woofmutt

[ Edited by: woofmutt 2008-07-17 22:05 ]

WOW! The place looks great! I'll do my best to make it, but it's pretty far for
me to travel:)

heres some pics of the loot that will be available tomorow at The Bamboo Grove

Wow Dawn- your new stuff looks awesome. Love the schemes & themes, AS ALWAYS! Good luck tomorrow, wish we could make it, but I guess a "company picnic" trumps actual fun. HAVE FUN FOR US!

Oh holy cow Dawn your new work is gorgeous! The place looks great too, I wish I could be there!

we are all set up and ready for the hoards of eager shoppers to come scoop up 5he deals!!!!

T

Everything looks really great! Hope you have a super sale day!

Beth

D

what time does the sale start/end?

tanks for the question dogbytes.... I will have to check with my partner in crime and will mostliketly have all the informationto post this evening. PLUS I should have some pics of the new pieces too.

INTERNATIONAL TIKI DAY ART SALE FEATURING THE CRAFTING OF WOOFMUTT AND DECOR Y SOPHISTA-TIKI.
also many fine yard sale items. and yes its actually taking place in the yard!
Date: Saturday August 9
Time: 10AM - 2PM

directions if you don't live in West Seattle.

cross West Seattle bridge take Delridge exit (first exit on the rt)
South on Delridge to Trenton
right on Trenton
2 blocks west
left on 24th Ave SW
2 blocks south

its the MCM house on the right with the bamboo fence, tiki VW bus out front, garden jam packed with plants, and tikis on the outside of the house. Oh yea and the other clue is there will be a bunch of stuff for sale.

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2008-08-04 09:19 ]

S

there will be hawaiin shirts and dresses too, along with some vintage swimsuits, and a beautiful top and skirt set that was made for Sears, but is really the sam fabric that they used in 50's kamehameha dresses! wheeeeee.
Come out and have fun shopping everyone!
I went to the last one and got some fabulous prints from Dawn and some super swell handmade pieces by Woofmutt.
Yer missin out if ya don't get to this sale!!!!

W

Pictures soon.

S

the hawaiian skirt and shirt set is this...

I'll admit, it's priced high, but less than you would find on ebay.

W

Here at Woofmutt Stuff & Junk Like That we are happy as heck to officially announce the first line from our fashion division...

Pele's Secret™ LOUNGE-R-E
"For the Discriminating Lady of Exotica!"

Available for purchase at the West Seattle International Tiki day Sale.

*Full details can be found *HERE.

As usual Im working up tothe deadline trying to get as many pieces put to gether as i can by sale tme. heres some pics of what i finished this afternoon. Im still waiting for the glue and paint to dry on the frames.

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2008-08-05 16:27 ]

W

Besides fancy dresses and fine art here's a coupla other reasons to be here:

It's the only time and only place you'll ever be able to get a Glass Banana Bag!

Or come buy pert near everything in the world at the The Tiki Yard Sale!

finally finished the frames on the first batch heres some teaser pics of what will be available at the sale on Saturday

D

hey, just a traffic advisory for those of you coming over from the East Side:

I-405 to be closed through Bellevue all weekend

Southbound Interstate 405 will be closed through Bellevue all weekend while the Wilburton Tunnel, just north of the I-405/Interstate 90 interchange, is removed to widen the freeway.

The interstate between state Route 520 and I-90 will be blocked until 5 a.m. Monday.

Aloha! I'm joining in on the fun, and will be offering mostly shirts of the XL persuasion, a few vintage, but mostly newer very nice shirts. I'll also have a Tretchikoff Green Lady in a nice frame, and whatever else I can drum up.

[ Edited by: Selector Lopaka 2008-08-08 17:38 ]

OMG this is shaping up to be the blockbuster sale of the summer. All of the loot is piling up in my livingroom . I have to stop myself from digging through the boxes already I see stuff I want!!!!! your'e missing out if you dont get to this sale.

a few more piees that will be available tomorow

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2008-08-08 22:08 ]

D

holy cow. what a DAY.. no time to caption these pix (or spin them right side up). but here's what happened at the Woofmutt-Sophistatiki Yard & Art Sale.

Pages: 1 24 replies