Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Hawaii All-Collectors Show: July 18 &19, MARCUS!

Pages: 1 7 replies

D

Where: Hawaii All-Collectors Show, Neal Blaisdell Exhibition Hall
When: July 18, 19, 2008 Friday 3pm -9 pm, Saturday 10 am -6 pm

my friend Karen will have a LARGE booth there ~ and 2 big tikis carved by Marcus and lots of collectible menus, mugs, clothing and other hawaiiana.

**Sculptor Marcus Thorn of Queensland Australia. will show his work in Hawaii for the first time this weekend at the Hawaii all-collectors show July 18- 19. The exhibit is the result of an ongoing collaboration between the Artist and Karen Maguire.

Friday and Saturday the public will be able to see both of Thorns large sculptures up close, and talk with the carver. Demonstrations will be ongoing during the show.**

Hawaii All-Collectors Show is Hawaii's largest annual collectibles and antiques show and sale. The show features 180 booths and the biggest selection of Hawailiana under one roof. Vendors from Oahu, Outer Islands, Mainland U.S. and Japan. Everything for sale from Aloha shirts, art, beads, estate jewelry, kitchen goods, stamps, coins, rattan & koa furniture, sportcards, surfing, kokeshi, pyrex, fire king, kimono, Orientalia, textiles, toys, tribal, ukulele and more. We also feature collectors displays and club events.

Early entry at 2 pm - 4 pm on Friday July 18, 2008.

Wish I had known about this sooner, that would have been a fun show to go to,, I really like Marcus's work.. Be cool to see it up and close...
aloha

sorry bumz.. i think there are several Collector Shows at Blaisdell.. i cant find the website right now..but it repeats.

and Marcus is staying for a while/will be back. i posted details in the carving thread.

HOK

On 2008-07-16 22:56, dogbytes wrote:
sorry bumz.. i think there are several Collector Shows at Blaisdell.. i cant find the website right now..but it repeats.

and Marcus is staying for a while/will be back. i posted details in the carving thread.

You can check http://www.ukulele.com for more details

Aloha....Freddie

On 2008-07-17 02:52, HOUSE OF KU wrote:

On 2008-07-16 22:56, dogbytes wrote:

You can check http://www.ukulele.com for more details

Aloha....Freddie

Maholo's for the link, hopefully my next trip over there I can catch one of the shows..

D

Karen's booth at Blaisdell ~ Marcus carving!

HOK

Some finds from the show....

Kon Tiki plates and teapot $25, Coco Joe plaque $28, HIP peace pendant $12, Lg Poly-Art Tiki $15,Coco Joe Deluxe Beachboy $10,Poly-Art Woman? $10, Unusual Coco Joe Hapawood Woman $10, Png carving $15

Aloha, Freddie

V

It was such an unexpected treat to a) see two HUGE and AMAZING tiki carvings at the show, and then b) meet the incredibly talented and kind Marcus Thorn! Had no idea he was gonna be there, and meeting him and seeing his work was the highlight of the show. Such a nice guy! Such gigantic tiki! Hope they found a good home. I'd love to have the marquesan style one he did in my office - but I'd have to cut several feet off the base before I could fit it in the door :)

Really enjoyed the show this year - but oddly enough I left empty handed.

Henrik "VanTiki"

Pages: 1 7 replies