Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

OVER: Woofmutt Sale & GROG Tap Dance-O-Rama (8/9/08)

Pages: 1 15 replies

This Saturday we'll be swillin'...I mean sellin' more Woofmutt Stuff & Junk Like That at the International Tiki Day Sale in West Seattle.

We have lotsa CHEAP things from our previous It's Scrap! sale (Experiments, doodles, failed attempts...All of it at LOW LOW PRICES) and there'll also be a few decent pieces of Stuff for you pickier folk.

It's all originals and all of it's ready to take home and hang on your walls where it will instantly improve your life!

And guess what? No, really, guess. OK, I'll tell you:

The very same time you're shopping the down and dirty crafts of Woofmutt Stuff & Junk Like That you can also shop the high and fancy fine arts of Dawn Frasier.

Was that crackling popping noise the sound of your mind being blown?

Well pull yerself together cuz there's MORE!

At the exact same spot where you'll be shopping for fine arts you'll also be able to sift through the debris of other people's desperate lives at The Tiki Yard Sale.

Dozens and dozens of cool used thing you never knew you needed yet somehow secretly desired!

Hawaiian records, Aloha shirts and dresses, Tiki mugs, and the bits and pieces needed to make your home Tiki bar a beachcomber's paradise!

Plus the usual Beyond Tiki sorts of things our kind of people seem to acquire.

9021 24th ave SW WEST SEATTLE 10 (the AM) to 2 (the PM). Directions can be found in the ITD Sale thread.

If you're gonna be at the sale/in Seattle and you see somethin' you want PM me about holding it/getting it another day. (Sorry! For sanity reasons "Another day" means Sunday or Monday...Not October 9th.)

woofmutt

[ Edited by: woofmutt 2008-07-17 00:02 ]

[ Edited by: woofmutt 2008-08-04 14:52 ]

[ Edited by: woofmutt 2008-08-07 08:08 ]

[ Edited by: woofmutt 2010-10-07 08:14 ]

T

Aw, now I wanna really be in Seattle this weekend. I'm missing the Bamboo Grove & It's Scrap sale all on the same day! Lot's of pictures of all the scraps & things too please.

Tikisgrl

W

The photographer bailed so we hadda make do with a camera that came in a box of Coco-Joe-Ohs ("The cereal that's puffed with LAVA!")...

Some of our half assed decorative things and one fully assed piece:

A drawing, a sculpture, and a couple of hand doo-dadded note books (Because everybody can use note books!):

Examples from our Rum Wrecked™ line..."Bar decor that just washed ashore!":

Remember:

Money can buy you happiness if you use your money to buy Woofmutt Stuff & Junk Like That!

Mister busy pants I better get my butt in gear your pieces look great! this shouldbe fun!

When you gonna come back down and give us southerners a chance to pick up more of your stuff?

Good luck on the sale!

Darn it all!
I WANT SOME FANCY JUNK TOO!

Maybe there will be some odds and sods left for me when I come down for International Tiki Day next month.

W

Some of the Stuff in the above pictures SOLD at the last sale. I will now pause while you kick yerself in the ass fer not comin' to that sale.

Now some other good news besides the good news at the top of this thread:

We just made the OFFICIAL announcement of

Pele's Secret™ LOUNGE-R-E
"For the Discriminating Lady of Exotica!"

Learn more about these fancy almost naughty things!

W

NEW! from Woofmutt Stuff & Junk Like That...

The Glass Banana Bag!!

Each Glass Banana Bag is one of a kind...

And the Glass Banana Bags will never be made again!

Silk schmilk!

Burlap is beautiful!

Why are they called Glass Banana Bags?

Cuz there's a glass banana in every bag!

(It's something of a non sequitor really, but it tested well with the glass monkey demographic.)

How much?

TEN BUCKS.
Because we like you. We really like you.

Available exclusively this Saturday at the West Seattle International Tiki Day Sale!

J

Wow - I like those bags... Can we buy 1 or 2 of those bags on line???????? Please!!! Its sooo hard to get to Seattle from New Hampshire!

W

OK, here's a couple more pieces of the ol' Stuff & Junk Like That which you the Seattle based/bound person of taste can take home and LOVE...

Sleeping Plank...

This piece is actually a couple of years old and he's a brother (if you will) of a similar piece I did, Plank which had jewel eyes. This guy is asleep. Get it?

Boing!...

Boing! is obviously made of an old banjo, or maybe it's a mandolin? I ain't sure...It was coming apart when I found it and now it's a wonderful piece...Dare I even say whimsical? No , I dare not cuz I hate that description! Anycase, Boing! is ready to be taken into your home and into your heart!. (Gag!)

W

And finally a couple more...

Panel...

It's wood (Don't know what flavor of wood. I found it. It's heavy.) with paint. It's actually the first primitive thing I made and the point was to make it look like a piece from an old bar or restaurant.

Towel Holder...

Made with cedar, FIRE, and paint. Plus bamboo. This is the second primitive piece I ever made and again the intent was to make it look like an older piece.

The Night Visitors

A found painting that I aged and added the carved and painted pieces to. The other half of the painting got the same treatment and became...

The Quiet Village

And here's a couple of drawings I should have framed in some manner:

W

And here's a picture of a cigarette at sunset:

W

RAINING??? Why is it RAINING on AUGUST 9th???

Do the crops need it?

Did we make the angels cry?

Is it cuz we were tryin' to shoot the moon with our shotguns last night?

Or could it be CUZ WE'RE HAVIN' A FRIGGIN' YARD SALE AND OUTDOOR ART SALE SO OF COURSE IT RAINS?

Everyone in Seattle: Please turn yer hairdryers on and point 'em out the window. Thanx.

D

its cuz its seattle, and after having ONE day of 80 degree weather, Seattlites clamor for a "break in this horrific heat wave".

anyways. i'm doing my part to influence the weather: i'm wearing a hawaiian,childlike sundress and sandals.

T

Rain? We've got cracks in our back yard big enough to lose small children in. Drive your stuff down to central Texas and have a month-long outdoor yard sale!! Love your stuff, I'd be up for a few items but it would cost me like a thousand bucks to drive there from here :)

D

the sun shined upon us! and i spent all my allowance ~ i'll post pix of my groovy stuff in a while.. gotta get ready for Happy Hours at Trader Vics!

Pages: 1 15 replies