Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Cool Neon Tiki Bar sign

Pages: 1 11 replies

S

I have a poster in my office designed by Roadhouse Relics in Austin, TX.
When I checked out their website, I saw they did these handmade "vintage" style neon signs, one of which is a kick-booty TIKI BAR SIGN:

It's a pricey $1500, but I'm sure it would look incredible in your fancy home bar.

I am not affiliated with these guys in any way...just thought the signage was cool.

..and for less than half that price......you could get something like this!!!! ..which actually is one of a kind and hand made... (though this one is not available), but hey, i can make you any sign you want...

I support Dave's authentic vintage Motel sign look rather than the "wacky" Tiki revival look...especially at that price. Have you posted your Pitcairn chair that you have in Tiki Magazine here yet? If not, you oughta!

T

Woah, that's an amazing job on the repro Tipsy! Have you done any others?

On 2008-07-17 18:53, TikiTres wrote:
Woah, that's an amazing job on the repro Tipsy! Have you done any others?

thanks all!!......just do a search of pitcairn motel or aku aku sign...there are pics posted around here somewhere already.....

On 2008-07-17 18:43, bigbrotiki wrote:
I support Dave's authentic vintage Motel sign look rather than the "wacky" Tiki revival look...especially at that price. Have you posted your Pitcairn chair that you have in Tiki Magazine here yet? If not, you oughta!

thanks sven....i try to keep the prices reasonable.....i'd rather my stuff find good homes.....i don't need a dozen signs of mine hanging around the walls of my house.....that's space i need for other peoples art!!!

T

Those are truly amazing, now I'll have to go back and read through those entire threads! :) Beautiful work!

Hey spycygrl, thanks for posting that sign, I think it's cool too, I dig neon!
Altho it's not TiKi, that is a cool googie site, Wish I could afford one.
Tipsy, what can we say? Your chill!

[ Edited by: bananabobs 2008-07-17 20:25 ]

S

Actually, Todd Sanders, the guy who runs Roadhouse Relics in Austin makes everything by hand (even the tiki sign I posted). He does custom neon work as well.

You can read more about him here and here, if you're so inclined.

I love those Motel signs, tho. Seriously, FABULOUS. Very nice work, my friend!!
Going to get Boyfriend to check out your work and convince him we need one in our living room ASAP.

Awesome.

..very cool stuff.....i dig his work..

..damn, if i was selling signs to "A" list celebrities like he is, i'd definately bump my prices up to $1500 a sign!! LOL

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2008-07-19 15:32 ]

T

Yeah, IF!

T

Wow, only $1500...what a bargain. :roll:

I'll go with Tipsy's, than you.

Pages: 1 11 replies