Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Tonga Hut in LA Tues July 22nd early meet up?

Pages: 1 3 replies

I'll be in LA for a couple days, but Tuesday eve I have a window around 5:30 / 6pm til about 8p. where I'd like to check the place out. Anyone in the area that wants to say "Hey" post here or PM and I'll give you my cell number. I normally would hit Tiki Tis but its not open Tues and I've been around town but never hit the hut. Hopefully some peeps can visit but I know people work and its a small window of time. - Any drink suggestions appreciated

Mahalo either way
Jack

Alternatively I'll be shooting a rock and hip hop with Local LA bands show on Weds eve at the Roxy (8pm) if anyone is interested in attending it could be fun! - PM for that. (its an MTV thing)

Is MTV putting you up at the Oceana?
Before I moved to LA, I would always stay at the Oceana in Santa Monica, and tons of MTV East coasters were being put up there. It's a nice place to hang; ocean, pool, Santa Monica. I'd be down but I have to go to Montreal for the week, at least it's summer there.

Have a Blast
Mark

P

Tonga Hut is a nice bar with an old school vibe and a very modern clientele (for the most part). They have some good drinks on their menu, but the bartenders generally have no idea how to make them or care to learn. Whenever you order a drink it is a crap shoot as to whether it will be good or terrible. The best bet is the Voodoo Juice. It's a decent drink and it is the most consistent.

Thanks for drink advice, I sorta know what to expect people wise but since I've been to most LA places and have a small window I think this will work out I hope. Putting me up? I have stayed in Santa Monica at the Lowes but I think that maybe the same place from back a bitjack ago? This time its my production companies dime so we leaned closer to the venue and as inexpensive as we could.

cya sooN!

Pages: 1 3 replies