Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Yankee Clipper/Wreck Bar in Palm Beach Post

Pages: 1 9 replies

Long time lurker here, never had a reason to post before. But today at work, I was flippin' through the Palm Beach Post and they had a write-up about the Yankee Clipper/Wreck Bar. So.... figured I'd register and post the link.
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/search/content/travel/epaper/2008/07/20/axh_getaway_web_0720.html
Hope it works. Figured ya'll be interested in it.
Allan

Thanks for sharing!

And this line....

The Wreck Bar, however, will remain intact. The Clipper wouldn't be The Clipper without it.

Gives me the most hope for the upcoming renovation.

T

I sure hope it does. Where would we get to see Marina Swim ? It's not like there's too many bars built into the side of pools kicking around.

That article did use one word that I despise "Upscale", even worse the 2 following words made it even more rediculous... "Mexican restaurant" - huh ? I love Mexican food, but who wants to go to a hoity toity Mexican restaurant...what fun is that ?

Anyway, I sure hope the Wreck Bar remains untouched. It's so unique, especially in today's age of boring architecture.

On 2008-07-21 08:41, tikiyaki wrote:
That article did use one word that I despise "Upscale", even worse the 2 following words made it even more rediculous... "Mexican restaurant" - huh ?

That just means they can serve you fish tacos like you can get from the lunch-trucks but charge you lots of peso's for them.

It is code-speak for over-priced hotel food that you are putting on the company expense account so why should you care anyway. At least when used in context with Meeting Space.

On 2008-07-21 10:19, Chip and Andy wrote:

On 2008-07-21 08:41, tikiyaki wrote:
That article did use one word that I despise "Upscale", even worse the 2 following words made it even more rediculous... "Mexican restaurant" - huh ?

That just means they can serve you fish tacos like you can get from the lunch-trucks but charge you lots of peso's for them.

It is code-speak for over-priced hotel food that you are putting on the company expense account so why should you care anyway. At least when used in context with Meeting Space.

I know, but I still don't like it ! :)

Yes...it still might be there, but as a breakfast nook not a bar. Now you will hear a very Long sigh......don't be fooled by the positive spin.

G

On 2008-07-21 13:02, bodotikiman wrote:
Yes...it still might be there, but as a breakfast nook not a bar.

Where did you hear that?

I hope it's not true.
A source that cares as much as you do!

K
KuKu posted on Tue, Jul 22, 2008 5:30 PM

On 2008-07-21 16:04, GatorRob wrote:

On 2008-07-21 13:02, bodotikiman wrote:
Yes...it still might be there, but as a breakfast nook not a bar.

Where did you hear that?

Staff/Management @ the Clipper during Hukilau this year, could be a rumor tho...?!?

KuKu....Thank You

I am glad I was not the only one listening while stirring my drink.

OK.......permission for all trolls to attack....begin now....

Pages: 1 9 replies