Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Spectacular BOSKO Show --opening this weekend, Sat 2nd --Go!

Pages: 1 20 replies

I am pleased to announce that a new generation of fantastic Witco-esque art by Bosko is being released to the public, in an exhibition opening this coming Saturday the 26th at M-Modern Gallery in Palm Springs, 2500 N. Palm Canyon Dr. , 7-10pm

Among Bosko's many pioneering deeds in the Tiki revival is the fact that he was the first to begin carving in the Witco tradition --yet always with a contemporary, tongue in cheek twist that defined the art as his own. This exhibit is proof that his work has evolved to a mastery of the genre that sometimes (he will cringe at me daring to say this) seems to eclipse the original source.

All I can say is that I look at this stuff and it makes me happy, and gives me a content smile...aaaaah!

View more of this fine artwork which will be available at M-modern at:

http://www.tikibosko.com/bafram.htm

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2008-08-02 12:43 ]

I agree, Bosko's work surpasses the original. I am honored to have one of his pieces hanging in my house. Just wish I could make this show!

This stuff looks great.
I Love the juxtaposition of Mid Century Modern/abstract/ cubist and Primitive/TIKI art....aka TIKI MODERN.
It's a good as Chocolate and peanut Butter.

Bosko is the MAN !

On 2008-07-21 11:24, bigbrotiki wrote:

All I can say is that I look at this stuff and it makes me happy, and gives me a content smile...aaaaah!

That looks like Bosko's barn to me.

Those pieces are beautiful! Man i wish i could go to this show. The last piece does resemble Bosko's shop, sans the cool broken and test Bosko mugs that are hidden around the grounds.
Good luck with this show, I am sure it will be a sell out night.

Man, this summer is cooking with Tiki events, one day later, and this was all the way down at the bottom. I am bumping it because it deserves it! :)

I have always admired Bosko's work .Look forward to meeting and talking
to him at a upcoming tiki event

There's nothing on the M-Modern website about the show. Is it an all Bosko show? Is it in the main section of the gallery?

At Tiki Oasis 7 Bosko had this gray moai head tiki bowl for sale it's fantastic. We can only hope he has another treasure for us at Oasis 8. Wendy and Dan

Thanks for posting this Sven it is almost hard to re-read but again thanks so much for your always insightful comments and keeping up on this. I know I have really been lagging in the correspondence department, but after getting the work done for this show I did a painting for the Vegas event and it’s been one project after the other this last month.

TIKI KAIMUKI Thank you, hope you enjoy your piece.

tikiyaki As always thanks,

freddiefreelance, It’s an “Alexander” barn they were very popular in mid century Palm Springs architecture.

OceaOtica Thanks you guys are always welcome here.

Tiki-Kate Yes you are correct as of an hour ago there is some issue with M-Moderns website. I get a room, KRK Ryden gets the other and I think (don’t quote me) Stone gets the third.

Wendy and Dan, Yes we have two new designs brewing for Oasis as I write, please come by my big talk there!

I have no idea what to expect, if anyone here can make it on Saturday night please stop by and say hello I would really appreciate it and besides what’s more fun than Palm Springs in the middle of summer?

My very best Alohas

Bosko

Wowzers! The work look amazing! I really really dig your mOdern artwork! If you're creating a midcentury modern interior, these are a must! Wish I could make it out there for the show, nothing like seeing the grain of that wood in person.

Fabulous! Thanks for the info, Bosko. I'll be there.

I am in like Flint!!!!!!!!! Bosko in Palm Springs is a must!!!!!! Nothing says Midcentury modern like Bosko's Witco Art.

V

very nice artwork, as always. Fantastic

Ahoy all… as the old saying goes I have some good news and some bad news.
First, those of you that couldn’t attend because of prior commitments, you have another chance… The Show has been postponed/moved to next week August 2nd, now there’s no excuse for anyone who couldn’t come. For those of you that had planned to attend this weekend I am sincerely sorry this was not my decision, we were just informed, if there is any way you can come the next week I will be doubly grateful.

Sorry for any confusion we hope to see you in a week and a half.

Thanks

Bosko

Ooooo. Unfortunate date change. Sadly, it conflicts with another event that I absolutely have to attend.

How long will the show run?

Let me guess-Tonga Hut art show.It's tough with so many events going on this summer.

A reminder to go and see this eye candy.

I will do my best to get to M Modern tonight but duty calls. I was able to stop by today and pre-walk the show. It is Awesome!!!!!!!! Bosco has a whole side of the main gallery with some very traditional Witco with some spin on it!!!! I Love the A-frame homes in Witco and the Roadrunner also!!!!!!

Good luck Bosko!!!!!!!!!!

Bosko, your artwork is absolutely incredible! I hope that your opening was a terrific success!!

From what I've seen today at M Modern. He did well!!!!!! I see allot of Red dot's!!!!!!!!!!
Wish I could have made it to the party but Work held me over til 11:30p.m.

Pages: 1 20 replies