Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

tiki candles

Pages: 1 9 replies

J

Hi everyone, long time reader, first time post....
can anyone help, as a young child my family visited the Hawaiian islands many times in the 70's and 80's
during this time my fascination began with the TIKI and in particular the "crying TIKI" candle. you could buy them all over the tourist parts of the island. they came in varying sizes and when lit the coloured wax would melt down through the eyes of the candle....very cool.....does anyone know where you can get these now, if at all???please help

hey jimhg3
I went through the same thing.........I got my first crying tiki on a trip to Hawaii in '77 and another in '79 and I was hooked! When I went back on my honeymoon in '96, I couldn't find one anywhere so I decided to make my own interpretations and created "the crier" (the short one) and "the wincer"........the crier does what it says it will, so I am all about some protective plates under it! I'll make up a fresh batch if I can get enough interested parties!

In action ( with my original crier peeking out from the background)

K

I'd be interested!

Do you ever put a little citronella in them for backyard use?

Cheers
K

Thanks for the interest KikiTiki! Actually, I don't add citronella because, like the bugs, I hate the smell! Mine are scented with a combination of coconut and tropical flower oils that I have fiddled with to get that nice exotica balance! I'll be firing up a new batch and let you know when they are ready or feel free to drop me a line!
http://www.thetackytiki.com

J

sounds good, how much do you sell them for?

yes - they look good - let us know how much they are.

Thanks

KS

Thanks for the interest! The "Crier" is $10 plus $5 shipping and the "Wincer" is $15 plus $6 shipping. These guys are heavy so it costs a couple of bucks to ship but it's still a great deal woo hoo! If interested, drop me a line and I'll email a paypal link to you! Thanks again!

Are you going to be at Tiki Oasis with any of these? I would love to buy a couple and if you are there I can skip the shipping :)

Although I did Tiki Oasis 3, 4, and 5, I won't be at this year's event. However, I will be dropping by the Tonga Hut Art Show and may have a trunk full of goodies to peddle!

I have a booth at the Santa Paula August Hot Summer Jazz and Art Event on August 23 from 6 to 10 p.m. for all of you Ventura tikiphiles. So, as you recover from Tiki Oasis from the week before and prepare for Bongofury's gathering the following week, drop by and visit me and pick up a candle, tiki necklace, original carving, or print of a some selected pieces! View all of my kitsch at:

http://www.thetackytiki.com

Pages: 1 9 replies