Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Tiki Kiliki's going away party Aug. 8 at the Mai-Kai

Pages: 1 27 replies

Join us in wishing Tiki Kiliki the best as she bids South Florida adieu (at least until next year's Hukilau) and relocates to San Antonio. We're sure the Alamo will never be the same!

She is inviting her friends to join her for dinner at 7:30 in the Samoa Room and drinks afterward in The Molokai bar at the fabulous Mai-Kai in Fort Lauderdale. FYI, happy hour is 5 to 7 and it's ladies night all night. (When making dinner reservations, ask to be part of Christie's party in the Somoa Room.) More info: http://www.maikai.com

And for those of you who want to get an early start, this conveniently coincides with the monthly "Mermaids & Mai-Kai" gathering. We start at The Wreck Bar at The Yankee Clipper at 5 for happy hour and Marina's mermaid show at 5:30. Then we skedaddle over to the Mai-Kai around 6 to catch happy hour in The Mokokai plus the rockabilly stylings of Slip & the Spinouts. More info: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=28926&forum=4

We hope to see everyone there to send Tiki Kiliki off with a bang. Mahalo.

Of course you had to pick THAT friday for this gathering.....

Have fun! Drinks Lots! I'll raise a glass in everyone's honor while I am in Columbus at the Hot Rod Hula Hop.

I will be there Hell or High water!

Not to happy about losing her to Texas though. WTF! Is there more Yeehaw than Aloha?

You always have a place to stay In Sorrysota! I have to admit that every summer I say to myself, as I swim through the humidity from my AC house to AC car....."This sux! I'm moving!" But not to Texas. Hawaii, Costa Rica, Asheville....

K

Whoa there pardner! What yew tryin to say about Texas? Don't get yourself in the bull pasture without a tree - there's at least 11 of us over here that might take exception to that! :wink:

"We are in a hell of a fix. Let's go to the saloon, have a drink, and fight our way out of it."

• TJ Rusk, Secretary of War for the Republic of Texas
P

Our loss is Texas...es's...uh... gain.

Fortunately for us, Tiki Kiliki has a Mai Kai homing device implanted and all we have to do to get her back for a visit is to have Kern press the button. It releases a small amount of a Mutiny to the taste buds and that's all it usually takes. Another push of the button hits the aural sensors with a few seconds of drums, waterfalls and clinking glasses.

If that doesn't work, we just go get her.

I'll be on the island of Ohio during your farewell bash, my dear. But I hope to see you soon, somewhere, and I'm certain I will.

Aaaaah....Stuck My Boot in it!
I like Texas, I love Texans! 100% But, personally, I have to live in lower and more tropical hemispheres, It's A hemispherical thang... and I ain't messin' with Texas, I'm just grousing we lost TikiKiliki to ya! Peace :wink:

HH - thanks for posting this!

Pablus, another push of that button and I'll magically appear from behind the stage!

Bohemiann - glad I'm gonna see you!

How I'm gonna miss everyone - it's gonna be tough but I'm so ready for this next chapter in my life. I'll not jinx the job prospect just yet but it looks INCREDIBLY good.

The Mai-Kai - how can I even begin to say how much I'm gonna miss you. Good thing Spirit has routine $49 rates each way for a weekend of fun in Lauderdale. It'll be like I never left at all.

Y'all try to make it now ya hear!!

K

:) Hehe, just yankin' your spurs of course Bohemiann. :)
Do we still get to go to the saloon?

oh yeah, don't mess with the texans...especially since we'll have one more on our roster soon :wink:

we have 12 foot banana trees in our backyard...does that make us count a little as tropical? hehehe

[ Edited by: heelgrinder 2008-07-27 18:44 ]

Christie - good luck with the move and the starting this new chapter in your life!

I have only heard great things about SA. Wish we could be there with you at the Mai Kai next week!

All the best.

On 2008-07-27 13:58, Bohemiann wrote:

You always have a place to stay In Sorrysota! I have to admit that every summer I say to myself, as I swim through the humidity from my AC house to AC car....."This sux! I'm moving!" But not to Texas. Hawaii, Costa Rica, Asheville....

Come on up here to Ohio, the weather's great right now! We don't have the Bahi Hut but the luau at HRHH makes up for the gallon drum of cheese dip at Bahi's happy hour! But I have to admit that every winter I say to myself as I shudder through the cold from our heated house to heated car, "This sux! I'm moving!"

Well.... the Bahai Hut ain't all that...sorry Tim. It has potential, but....

What I want to know is...

Who's coming to The MaiKai on the 8th!!!!!!

Come on people sound off!

G

Christie knows how much we want to be there, but unfortunately it just doesn't look like it's going to happen. So raise a Jet Pilot to her for us please!

I spent a few of my childhood years in San Antonio and although I was young, the memories are fond. I still have relatives there and I want my kids to see where Dad grew up, so I'm sure we'll be cruising through there before long.

All our best to you Christie for a wildly successful transition. Think of all the new questions you're going to get about that tattoo! :wink:

K

Man, we would sure love to make it down for your send-off and some bodacious libations, but I'll be at my (gulp!) 30th H.S. reunion in Madison, Wisconsin that weekend. Yep, across the border, behind the Cheddar Curtain. "Hey, where are all the folks I graduated with, and who are all these old poeple?"

Here's to your new life chapter in sunny San Antone! Yeeeeeeeeeee haaaawwwww! I hear it's beautiful there, especially this time of year. Well, OK -- it's bloody hot as hell, but I still hear it's nice.

Safe travels, TK and see you at Hukilau!

Kanekila

K

I will be at the Mai Kai to wish Christie happy trails as she rides off in to the sunset. Planning a new and exciting adventure in life can never be a bad thing. San Antonio is awesome and I am sure that Christie will inject her style in to the local scene in no time. How bad will we miss Christie here in Florida.....I am certain that we will be minus more than a few rays of sunshine as she crosses the border. Good luck Christie! I am keeping my fingers crossed on the job opportunity...........

L
Loki posted on Fri, Aug 1, 2008 5:55 AM

Miss TK,
We will be in OH that weekend. So sorry we have to miss the going away gathering at the Mai Kai... Hopefully we can get together before you ship out. We will miss the hell out of you down here.

There's a rumor that Basement Kahuna will be making the trip down from GA on Aug. 8.

B

Maybe he can bring SWAMPTIKI :wink:

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Friday. Since I work right next to the Clipper, I will be starting out there and making my way to the Mai Kai.

I'll be there. Don't know about Swamp...

Nice little plug in this week's New Times, the alternative weekly paper ...

http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/events/live-music-at-the-mai-kai-573010/

What can I say, Christie has become a great friend since we met last September. Such a short time how close we've become and how disappointed I am that she's leaving!
It won't be as much fun here anymore but I know she'll visit often and I'll do the same. San Antonio is very lucky to have her and I know she'll be happy there too.
I'll definitely be at the bitter-sweet send off on Friday at the Mai-Kai. I'll miss you, Harold

[ Edited by: haroldgolengallery 2008-08-07 16:43 ]

Sorry we won't be able to make it out to the Mai Kai for your final fling, but it sure was nice hanging out with you last weekend. Me and the Missus wish you a fun-filled future in TX.

Hope to see you again soon...

M&M (and Jim)

I wish I could be there with yall! I'm the one who's stealing her...I promise I'll take very good care of her...she means the world to me!

[ Edited by: heelgrinder 2008-08-07 19:21 ]

B

Bon Voyage TikiKiliki !!

It was great seeing you in High spirits as you start your new adventure. I had a blast and enjoyed seeing everyone, although I felt naked without my camera.

At least someone had a camera to document the revelry. See below and at http://flickr.com/photos/28078283@N05/sets/72157606651585506/detail/

The evening was fabulous fun. Tiki Kaliki, you will be sorely missed!

I desperately hope that all good things come of these changes... a toast to you, TK!

Pages: 1 27 replies