Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Witco Dragon Bar & Stools

Pages: 1 17 replies

I have no place to keep this amazing bar. Would anyone in the tiki realm be interested in it? (these are not my photos) Check out that original fur!

T

Does anyone know if the fur was real or fake fur?

fake

That wasn't a serious question now, was it?

teakeys always serious. Anyway very nice, Canada is a long drive ummmmm.....

I'd like to see the animal that pelt came from! It would have to be a giant prehistoric zebra or something!

it looks really clean, do you know how many owners? any problems?

hey, can you bring it with you on the ferry? see you at ITD.

That is the COOLEST bar I have ever seen!

T

On 2008-07-27 22:01, Tikiwahine wrote:
I'd like to see the animal that pelt came from! It would have to be a giant prehistoric zebra or something!

This is Witco's dirty little secret.... has anyone ever wondered why Sasquatches are so hard to find now? :D

I'm picking up the bar tonight, so I'll hopefully be able to answer your questions soon! I'll post some better photos ASAP.

On 2008-07-27 22:06, Hiphipahula wrote:
it looks really clean, do you know how many owners? any problems?

I may be able to bring this bar on the ferry with me. Ferries go to Seattle, Port Angeles, Anacortes, and Vancouver, BC.

Ok, so the people that had this thing were serious smokers of the ganja. They got it from their land lord, and I have his name, so hopefully will be finding out it's place of origin.

It was literally four blocks from my house! I wonder if was used at the old Beachcomber tiki restaurant that closed several years ago?

What really surprised me was the size of this bar. It's about 68" wide(nose to nose - there are two dragons carved into the bar top as well), and 43" tall.

I love the side view, with the double dragons carved all the way around.
The front dragon looks lighter on one side than the other in this shot, but it's just an illusion of light, not unlike that of koa wood.

I had no idea the back was so cool, it has large shelves for bottles, mugs, bowls, etc.

It's worn, but not overly so. I would expect more wear on such an old bar. The finish is in quite good shape, other than a few worn spots on the bar top.

The fur on the stools is quite matted, but I've started brushing it out with a metal frog(used to hold flowers in arrangements) and that's working very well.

[ Edited by: Tikiwahine 2008-07-30 17:46 ]

T

That's a real beauty! Are you keeping it or selling it?

B

Once you get that first great piece of Witco, you can't turn back...

-Duke

On 2008-07-30 18:16, boutiki wrote:
Once you get that first great piece of Witco, you can't turn back...

-Duke

tell me about it!

On 2008-07-30 17:33, TikiTres wrote:
That's a real beauty! Are you keeping it or selling it?

I initially posted it to sell, but we're starting to get attached to it! It'll have to be a good price to let it go.

Pages: 1 17 replies