Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

swag lamp

Pages: 1 9 replies

P

here's a swag lamp i've been working on.

I like it - very precise work on the edging. Nicely done!

Nice job!

P

thank you guys very much. here it is finished with blurry photos in the dark. need my tripod. the light is only 25watts. it casts great shadows on the walls.

i didn't take any in progress shots because it was all pretty straight forward. if there are any questions i'll be happy to answer them.

thanks.

Those shadows on the wall are all part of what makes this lamp crazy cool!
So moody and atmospheric!
Peace,
Peter

..very nice perry- but try using a more muted/ frosted acrylic for the sides and you won't see the hot spots from the bulb as much...since this lamp is already assembled, maybe cut some frosted acetate panels to place behind the red acrylic......the shadow effect is cool too....experiment with that... perhaps a nice simple ku tiki face will look great as it's shadow reflects on floor and walls...

,,and in the future, there is a product available in a spray can at most craft stores that is specifically used for creating a frosted glass look..you can backspray your acrylic panels prior to installation....

keep going!!

P

thanks, peter

thanks, dave, i know what you mean about the hot spots. i have other ideas in mind for other lamps.

way to "bring it" Perry.

very clean cuts on that pattern.

T

Perry,

Thanks for posting the pics of your lamp project. I'm in process of designing a swag style tiki lamp for a home project - very close to your finished work. I have often thought about the possible light and shadow effects a hanging lamp light could produce on white walls with ambient light turned off. One of your pics shows this effect pretty good. Again, Thanks for the post and the inspiration it has given me to continue.

P

thanks, tikig, i'm wondering if i can combine lamps with different color bulbs to create some real cool stuff. it's only a 25watt bulb, so it doesn't fill a concert hall.

Pages: 1 9 replies