Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Shrunken Head Ink Drawing!

Pages: 1 1 replies

In light of the awesome artwork on display here at Tiki Central, I thought that, since my current job has me drawing (for the first time in years!), I'd toss my own recent creations into the lion's den.

It isn't much, but here is an ink drawing I did of a shrunken head for a DVD title screen/card. First, the basic drawing:

Next, here is the drawing as it appears in the final graphic after some Photoshop work. The entire series of 20 designs features rough sketches on old, torn pages, from what appears to be an ancient book of magic or fairy tales. At least that's the theme I'm going for. I created everything (all the page textures and lighting effects) you see from scratch, minus the filigree border - that was a dingbat font. Sadly, this is the only Tiki-related graphic in the lot.

Scanning through each title screen/card does give the impression that one is flipping through an enchanted sketchbook of sorts. I'm actually quite surprised the project is coming together as nicely as it is! I certainly had my doubts in the beginning and wondered if I was in over my head!

At any rate, enjoy this loosely Tiki-based graphic. I had a lot of fun drawing it and thought I'd share it with everyone here.
Peace,
Peter

Very nice,thanks for sharing. Cool name too - DejaVoodoo!

Pages: 1 1 replies