Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Live Exotica in St. Pete, Friday Aug. 1

Pages: 1 8 replies

I’m happy to announce that my new exotica combo, Stolen Idols, will play at the Salvador Dali Museum this Friday, Aug. 1, as part of its summer jazz series. We’re playing 5 pm to 8 pm.

We are (currently) a quartet with piano, vibes/marimba, upright bass and percussion. We’ll be doing a combination of Latin jazz, exotica, and straight ahead jazz.

Hope to see you there!

http://www.salvadordalimuseum.org/events/calendar.html

T

Who's doing the birdcalls ?

have a great first gig !

We will try and make it up and will throw a bird call out at ya!

We'll probably have some pre-recorded nature/jungle sounds in the background on key tunes. Of course, live bird calls are encouraged.

We're still in the process of building up the exotica content of our setlist. Still, if you like Martin Denny, Les Baxter, Cal Tjader, and that Shearing sound, you'll dig it.

[ Edited by: OnyaBirri 2008-07-28 09:37 ]

P

I'm going to try to make this as best I can.
Big shot client in on Thursday.
Deadline on Sunday.

I think Exotica on Friday would throw a little excitement into the weekend.

Great to hear Pablus. I think Tiki Bill will make it Friday also.

Be sure to say hi when you're there (I play piano).

Hope to see everyone at the Dali!

T

Good to see the price dip to 7.50 ...

P

Heck. Not looking very probable for tonight.
Can't leave until 6:30 at the earliest and that puts me there for the final 30 minutes after the drive.
I hate to watch bands pack up and leave.

Hope it goes great and I sure am sorry to miss this. I've been waiting for this kind of thing in the area ever since I moved here. After wearing out the carpet at every jazz club within a 50 mile radius I'm now shocked at how few live venues actually put bands of any kind into their employ.

It's great that you were able to get this going and I hope it keeps going so I can check it out at a more opportune time. I also hope someone gets a video or a few snaps or recordings of it.

YOU GUYS KILLED IT!:)

On 2008-07-28 09:09, OnyaBirri wrote:
I’m happy to announce that my new exotica combo, Stolen Idols, will play at the Salvador Dali Museum this Friday, Aug. 1, as part of its summer jazz series. We’re playing 5 pm to 8 pm.

We are (currently) a quartet with piano, vibes/marimba, upright bass and percussion. We’ll be doing a combination of Latin jazz, exotica, and straight ahead jazz.

Hope to see you there!

http://www.salvadordalimuseum.org/events/calendar.html

Pages: 1 8 replies