Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Need help naming our new planter

Pages: 1 27 replies

We need tiki central's help naming our new planter. What do you guys think?

NAMING the planter? Really?

Bongo, yes naming a planter. Most product that is sold has a name. I guess it doesn't have to have a name. I will call it "thing". I'm sure buyers from retail stores will buy the "thing". Thanks Bongo for your genious insight. To avoid getting posts like Bongo's I will send a free planter to the person who comes up with a cool name.(as long as you live in the U.S, outside you will have to help with shipping. Thank you

Hmmm..

How about "The Tiki Soul Planter"?

Because of that inverted soul patch/lip thing it's got going on?

T

My vote is for Kimo. Looks like a Kimo to me.

H

Angry God.

My original post was;
How about Shameless Pitch?
I felt it was a pitch, but I recant.
I'm sorry.

[ Edited by: bananabobs 2008-07-29 22:01 ]

J

Wow! What's with all the hostility?! Would you all be so harsh if the post was from Holden having a contest to name a new mug? Did everyone jump on Martiki when he needed a name for the new Forbidden Island appetizer a year or so ago?

Tiki Shop is offering a free planter to the person who can give the new product a name. I have one of his other planter designs, and it's a nice product.

Seriously, I just don't get why Bongo Bungalow and bananabobs are jumping all over him. No wonder people are deserting TC in droves. Remember, if you can't say anything nice... why waste your energy putting such negativity into the world? :roll:

My vote for the name: Chintiki :)

V

ROY!
or
Bob!

SHORTIKI

RAPASHORTY

I like it and would not mind one in my new Tiki bar

Plantiki

TikiMon - (named for the pic with the rasta hair-like plant growing out of it)

Meakanu - (Hawaiian for Plant)

I can't think of a good name suggestion right now, but I have to say kudos to JenTiki for calling the negativity out. I think it's flattering that someone with a product of legitimate interest to TCers came to the COMMUNITY to ask for creative help!

I think this planter is really cute...I would totally buy one...and I think it's a shame when people try to be divisive in a group like this. Shame, shame. We're all here because of one common theme...we get enough flack from the "regular" world without having to face it within our own community. Jeez!!!

Good luck, Tiki Shop! Thanks for offering a cool -- and affordable -- product to us!

Robert Planter

R

hhuuumm,how about chinny. with a chin like that.

name it Bananabob :wink:

Snaps Jen... I like chintiki as well.

He looks like he has some aztec features in his nose.
He looks like trouble to me so..
Pilikia.

But Chintiki works too.

[ Edited by: Bohemiann 2008-07-29 14:23 ]

TZ

Jay Leno

[ Edited by: Tiki Zen 2008-07-29 14:26 ]

heheheh. Lentiki!

On 2008-07-29 10:14, JenTiki wrote:
Wow! What's with all the hostility?! Would you all be so harsh if the post was from Holden having a contest to name a new mug? Did everyone jump on Martiki when he needed a name for the new Forbidden Island appetizer a year or so ago?

Holden and Martiki have established themselves, any request from them would not be construed as a marketing tactic. If some time had been spent on TC, this post would have been in Tiki Marketplace where it would be appropriate.

Revision;
I still feel strongly that this should be in Marketplace however, I agree that my approach sucked and I pulled my inflammatory remarks. (Can I blame it on pre-earthquake jitters?)

[ Edited by: bananabobs 2008-07-29 22:08 ]

I apologize for appearing mean. That's not me at all.

I'm so dumb I didn't realize they were putting these up for sale. I thought someone was looking to TC members to name their personal possessions and that seemed a bit too too much, and so I said, "NAMING the planter? Really?"

I promise to read more carefully in the future.

Thank you all for your suggestions. Tiki Shaker I am going with the "Soul tiki", email me your name and address([email protected]) and I will get the soul tiki out to you. Now to banana, my intention was to involve the TC community with the naming of our product, as of now everything is called "small tiki,medium tiki etc. It is very unfortunate that we cannot come to TC to get help with our tiki based business. If we cannot come here for tiki advice where do we go? I just thought it would be pretty damn cool to walk into an Armstrong Garden or many other retailers that carry our product and see the tiki that you named. Plus the soul tiki is not even available for sale yet so I don't see how this is a sales tactic. This was my only intention, which is why it is posted here and not tiki marketplace. Anyways no hard feelings and we will see you all at Tiki Oasis!!!

Visit http://www.thetikishop.com

[ Edited by: The Tiki Shop 2008-07-29 19:25 ]

sweet...

J

Yay! Now everybody's happy! Thank you for being such gentlemen. :)

Looking at the website, there are six more planters that need to have a name.

Banana you can certainly blame it on earthquake jitters. I was freaked out about that. Especially when it centered where my parents live and all phone lines where down for a while. A lot of stuff broke but they were ok. If you are going to Tiki Oasis, Mai Tai on me. @Unga, I will do this again very soon with the others and make it a contest to win one as well. Until then it's out to the shop to carve.

On 2008-07-30 10:26, The Tiki Shop wrote:
If you are going to Tiki Oasis, Mai Tai on me.

Thank you...(may I have it in a glass or a mug?)(no offense)

On 2008-07-30 10:26, The Tiki Shop wrote:
Banana you can certainly blame it on earthquake jitters. I was freaked out about that. Especially when it centered where my parents live and all phone lines where down for a while. A lot of stuff broke but they were ok.

Good to know, my sister lives in the middle of it and I was concerned when I could not get through also.

I just built a shelf that runs around the top of my Tiki Room to put my mugs, 6 years in the making and last weekend I put mugs up and bang! an earthquake. Off to find "Earthquake Snot"

--

[ Edited by: Son-of-Kelbo 2008-07-31 10:39 ]

Finally...

Yes, I am finally posting a pic of the planter I won. Sorry it took me so long to do this Tiki Shop. I really do appreciate you having the contest and I REALLY appreciate you picking my naming suggestion :)

It's pretty awesome. It's light and durable. This works especially well for me considering I live in an apartment building. It's mobile and can stand up to foot traffic. Plus it looks pretty damn cool.

I really recommend their product. I'm gonna purchase a few in the future, that's for sure. Thanks again guys!

Glad your happy Tiki Shaker.
So by safely saying now, you use a Blog to name your product..
I CALL.... SHENANIGANS!!!

Pages: 1 27 replies