Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: Holy Smokes, some tiki mugs for sale.

Pages: 1 28 replies

T

Listed HERE and is going until next Sunday around this time (10:17 mine or 7:17 your time)

Also

Holy Smokes Batman! Buy it NOw

Got around to doing a real deep clean on my apartment, which means mopping the floors with bleach no less. I’m an all or nothing sort of guy and when I save up a mess, I like to do a BIG clean and clean everything. This also means moving things around and letting go some things I have held on to for a long time.
My apartment is crawling with tiki and I could use some pennies (which I found a ton in all the seats of my place) for my upcoming wedding.

Up for sale is a sister mug to a mug I did over a year ago. I think that it is going to be the new plan and I will make a sister mug to all the future mugs I have plans to make in the future. Reasons for this are one mug can’t hold all the qualities that two mugs can share between them. You can learn a lot from the first mug and hopefully can address it in the second one. And the biggest reason for this on newer projects is their will be a bond between the mugs. Meaning the owner of the mugs will still have an original mug but they will be able to share this rare one of a kind mug with one or two other people who will have mugs from the same period.

(inside)

[ Edited by: Tikiwahine - to add ebay to the title - 2008-07-29 10:04 ]

G
GROG posted on Tue, Jul 29, 2008 12:40 AM

Is that Ape mug glazed or painted? If it's not glazed, It may not be "food safe", so you better let any buyers know not to drink out of it, Teaks.

MT

As if people drank out of their mugs in the first place, Grog. As if.

T

On 2008-07-29 00:40, GROG wrote:
Is that Ape mug glazed or painted? If it's not glazed, It may not be "food safe", so you better let any buyers know not to drink out of it, Teaks.

Good point Grog. I will have to give alittle more description. "Now this mug is painted in a special matte black which gives the mug an aggressive feel and appearance of black matte glaze"

Does have the original brown glaze inside. The rim of the inside has paint although. And Yes Mai Tai, who really drinks from a mug. I need to start doing that. More drinking is needed.

B

Hey TeaKey,

Did you just paint "FOM" over APE? It kinda looks like it says FOE now.

Just wondering if this is a legitimate item or not?

[ Edited by: Bargoyle 2008-07-29 09:16 ]

TeaKey,
rules of decency, rules of common sense, and rules of copyright law all require that if you are going to sell a product you make as representative of someone else, you need to get their permission in writing first.

did you get the FOM's written permission to do this?

..sb

T

On 2008-07-29 09:38, Suffering Bastard in Maine wrote:
TeaKey,
rules of decency, rules of common sense, and rules of copyright law all require that if you are going to sell a product you make as representative of someone else, you need to get their permission in writing first.

did you get the FOM written permission to do this?

..sb

Opps, that was a type-o. FOM - Fraternal Order of Monkey

"require that if you are going to sell a product you make as representative of someone else"
Actually this product represented my club the Order of the Moai. I was one of the original members.

"rules of decency, rules of common sense".
I was told that I was no longer a member when I tried to sign in one day. The reason given was that I hadn't participated enough towards the end. I was deleted from the site / group as if I never was. About 30 posts deleted and my folder of pictures deleted. I was never given a letter about it until I inquired. Decency / common sense?

Good luck on to whomever wins this mug FOM or collector. :)

TeaKey,
why are you trying to throw this back like someone else did something wrong?

T

Not

I just don't get it.
I mean, as a current member of the FOM, if I was to make a product with FOM on it, I would clear it through the group. You will soon see a mug available for sale (by me) that is branded with the FOM, but it was an FOM project from the beginning and the proceeds go to charity. I got clearance. I got buy-in. And it's not for personal gain.

If I was a player for the NY Yankees, even while still on the team, I couldn't just start making Yankee merchandise and sell it without running it past the legal department and making some kind of deal.

So to take a Tiki Farm mug, paint FOM on it, and try to sell it for profit (using the FOM as a selling point, as you do on your ebay page)- without clearing it through the FOM is not very kosher. If you did one that said "Tiki Central" or "Ooga-Mooga" on it, the same thing would apply.

You don't see me questioning your sale of original mugs. Go for it. They're not to my taste, but that's just me. More power to you, as I haven't made any mugs myself and I respect your drive and commitment to get them made.

But you should really reconsider using anyone else's name for personal profit. Just friendly advice, man.

..sb

RR

Or he might belong to one of these other FOM organizations. :)

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/FOM

FYI, you can make Yankee merchandise, you just can't use their logos or typefaces.

On 2008-07-29 16:53, Rob Roy wrote:
Or he might belong to one of these other FOM organizations. :)

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/FOM

heh heh.
well, considering he says this as a selling point on ebay:
"The fez says FOM with [sic] stand [sic] for Fraternal Order of the [sic] Moai. This is a growing tiki group based out of Ohio. "
then I bet it's not one of the others.
:wink:

..sb

Better watch out Teaks or some nut job from the " Followers of Malkav " or "Formula One Management" might come after you on behalf of their organization too. :lol:

Fuckers On Maui :)

fabulously ornamented monkeymug

freakishly obnoxious mug!

On 2008-07-28 17:56, teaKEY wrote:

Ceiling Cat obviously approves of this mug, as can be seen from the photo above. If this mug is good enough for Ceiling Cat it is good enough for me.

Psst... Ceiling Cat. I am the high bidder at the moment. If you would be so kind as to use your powers to make sure I win the auction I will serve you catnip cocktails from that mug. Yes, I am offering bribery. And yes, I will take offers from you or your minions.

On 2008-07-29 21:02, Unga Bunga wrote:
Fuckers On Maui :)

Fatass On Mainland :)

T

Holy Smokes™

R

how did it come to this???

T

Good to see the 'summer heat' hasn't put a damper on the 'koolkids' spirit.

T

Koolkids™

T

This topic is getting a little ugly for me but just in case Teakey's creative spirit isn't totally crushed yet, nice work on the original mug you created.
I love the combination of colors used in the glazing process inside and outside of the mug!

I'm going to refrain from commenting on the painted over APE mug....

On 2008-08-01 04:07, tikigreg wrote:
Koolkids™

koolkids™™

On 2008-08-01 02:00, TikiLaLe wrote:

what summer heat?! I live in Maine!!

T

On 2008-07-30 06:00, BambooLodge wrote:
freakishly obnoxious mug!

Which one??

T
teaKEY posted on Sat, Aug 2, 2008 6:37 PM

Monkey Has one day

Holy Smokes Batman! Buy it NOw Two day bump for this one.

You consume drink from it, it consumes smoke from you.
Going for a real low price. More time is in the glaze alone then the opening price reflects.

T

On 2008-08-01 14:56, Suffering Bastard in Maine wrote:

On 2008-08-01 02:00, TikiLaLe wrote:

what summer heat?! I live in Maine!!

::::::::::::::::::

Not much I could do about the weather.... Come down here and I'll get you a cot at the Y!

DUH!!!

Pages: 1 28 replies