Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Events in Seattle 08/31 or 9/01?

Pages: 1 13 replies

Aloha! Drew and I will be up in Seattle for Bumbershoot on 08/31 and 09/01. We were planning on finally making it to Hula Hula the night of 08/31 and thought some other tiki lovers might want to meet there as well. Or maybe some of you know of some other good tiki going on over Memorial weekend. Let me know. Thanks, in advance!

D

just let us know where & when, we'll be there!

Hula Hula's entertainment manager/co-owner asked me if Lushy would be interested in playing on September 1st, but Andy (of Lushy) said he wasn't interested, as Lushy will be playing Bumbershoot the previous day. I've no idea if I'll be sitting in with them at Bumbershoot (me being the secondary to their original percussionist, and usually asked to play when he cannot perform), but I am currently trying to arrange for some appropriate live entertainment at Hula Hula on September 1st, perhaps my newest group, The Band From U.N.C.L.E. I'll post an announcement on TC as soon as something is arranged.

The show I was organising at Hula Hula on September 1st has been postponed for a later date. Anyway, hope you enjoy your visit to Hula Hula on the 31st, and I hope you like Karaoke with your Mai Tais!

S

Karaoke and Mai Tais RULE
If I make it, I'll be singing a rousing rendition of
"Escape" aka The Pina colada song by Rupert Holmes.
or maybe Rum and Coca Cola by The Andrews Sisters
or heck, why not
as i duck and cover
MARGARITAVILLE... heh heh

C

sounds like I am going to miss the fun by a week. I am going to Seattle 9/8 - 9/13 on business with my hubby.

probably wont set foot near seattle center during bumbershoot... so won't see you kids there, but if ya feel like a good breakfast at a 50's kinda diner, lemme know and I'll give ya directions to Luna Park.

Also, catmomma, I bet some outing could be planned while yer here too!

Pea

oh yikes. do you think it'll be heck to get to Hula Hula too? i was going to suggest a Happy Hour..but.. oh yeah, Bumbershoot.

Pea and looking for parking when there's a bunch of non city dwellers driving/walking around the center just don't go together...

That's right, Tiki Kupcake, Bumbershoot weekend and Labour Day will make the Lower Queen Anne area an absolute zoo and commuter's and car parker's nightmare (which is why I'm now glad the event I was going to put together there has been postponed). As you will already be there with Drew, my advice would be pay for all day event parking and just walk over to Hula Hula when your intended Bumbershoot viewing is over with. You won't wish to find parking twice in one day (and most likely it will be paid parking) in that area, unless you have a lot of time and petrol to waste. 'Course I don't know -- perhaps you'll be taking a taxi from wherever you're staying to attend Bumbershoot. It's also possible -- pending the time of day and considering all the walk and drive-by traffic from out-of-towners -- that Hula Hula could be a zoo, as well. 'Course, what better place to make monkey noises and bird calls?

Yeah, we will be at Bumbershoot and just planned on walking over to Hula Hula when it was over. At least we will get to see Lushy at the festival. Where's the 50's dinner? We always need somewhere good to eat for breakfast.

S

Here ya go!
http://www.lunaparkcafe.com/index.php
if yer thinking about breakfast, it's always good on the weekends and holidays to get there before 9:30 or 10, then it gets pretty busy after that.
wheeeeeee
Hope to see ya!
Pea

If you head to Luna Park, be sure to remember to ask for crunchy peanut butter for your waffle!!!!

S

tikiriviera, don't tell tall tales about crunchy peanut butter.
it doesn't exist...
unless there was some at monkeyskull's and your wife pilfered it.

Pages: 1 13 replies