Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Volcano House Tiki - Volcano National Park, Big Island

Pages: 1 3 replies

V

Aloha Folks!

Just got back from The Volcano Crater Rim Run on the Big Island. A great event, and a wonderful excuse to stay in one of my extra-favorite places in Hawaii: Volcano Village. We stayed at a B&B, but as Halemaumau is erupting like mad, we spent some time at the Volcano House observation deck soaking in the AMAZING view. While in the lobby I had to fight off the powerful urge to drag this amazing fellow out of the hotel and into my trunk:

Such a great carving! Ug! I'm gonna have to put together an "homage" mug in the future :) What's that? You want to see the eruption? I suppose I took a few shots of that as well :wink: Here is the view from the Jager Observatory (you can actually see the new opening in Halemaumau from this location - you can only see the steam from the Volcano house):

and we came back at night to see the awesome glow:

and finally I want to put in a plug for the Keawe Grill in Volcano Village - SOOOOOO GOOOOOOD! All fresh - everything made that day (including the Awesome bread), and to top it off, they serve a killer Mai Tai (that is VanTiki senior photographing the potion):

Mahalo for peeking -
Henrik "VanTiki"

P

i sat on that same wall. i loved that place. the wood carvings by the fireplace are amazing. the fireplace itself is amazing. what, 150 year old fire? there's a B&B up the road that had the best french toast.

Wow...a crater IN THE PARK is erupting? Damn !

I had to hike about 2 hours to see lava flow back in 04', and last year It was too far out to hike.

Lucky You !

Man, I LOVE seeing volcanic activity.

Volcano House RULES !

The Tiki on the cover of "StereoExotique" is a heavily photoshopped pic of a Tiki I bought there.

Man. I need to go back and see this activity.

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2008-07-30 22:13 ]

What a great stylized Tiki, really a masterful work! Thank you for those photos.

Pages: 1 3 replies