Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Hukilau 2009 - No Yankee Clipper

Pages: 1 16 replies

So yes folks, there will be a Hukilau in 2009. I'm still solidifying the dates but it looks like it will take place in May 2009 and the Southwest Pacific will likely move to another time of the year.

The other news is that the Clipper will be completely under renovation during this time so we will be unable to celebrate there or even have rooms there. They have declined any groups after April 2009. And my fear of the Wreck Bar was confirmed when they were mentioning to me all the changes that were to take place on the ground floor in the historic ship building. I will still hope the Wreck survives but I'm not holding my breath.

I've just secured another hotel directly beside the Clipper called the Best Western Oceanside. It's charming, has a free hot breakfast buffet every morning for registered guests, all rooms have a microwave AND an empty fridge for all your drink supplies, 90% of the rooms face the pool, all rooms have 2 beds except for 4 of them - they have one King size bed and of course, it's still close to everyone's favorite the Bahia Cabana.

No mermaids in the Wreck Bar this next year but I'm sure they'll show up in other places....right Marina?

Please look for information soon regarding the dates on our website at http://www.TheHukilau.com - we'll see ya in 2009.

Yee-Haw & Aloha,

The Hukilau

[ Edited by: tiki_kiliki 2008-07-30 13:36 ]

T

No Mermaids :(

I guess Marina will just have to do more Fire dancing :D

Looking forward to next year's Hukilau !

Long Live The Hukilau!!!

K
KuKu posted on Wed, Jul 30, 2008 2:57 PM

YEAH!!! Another Hukilau!!
Maybe Marina will swim in the Cabana pool and we can all wear masks and snorkels... :wink:

I'll bring the underwater camera!

Damn those Sheraton heathens!

Hate to hear the Wreck Bar might not be saved. The hotel will have much less character and individuality wihtout it. Happy to hear about another Hukilau, though!! I'm already looking forward to it...just hope I can attend with it being at the end of the school year. They get funny about us taking time off that late since the kids get crazy. Thanks for the info, Kiliki!

Ugh... May.. I got school then. Oh well, at least I'll have a long time to think up excuses for missing a week :P

T

Can't wait to get the details. I gotta make it this year!

2008 was my first Hukilau...and am glad it's not the last!

On 2008-07-30 13:33, tiki_kiliki wrote:

No mermaids in the Wreck Bar this next year but I'm sure they'll show up in other places....right Marina?

Indeed so! If there is pool, I'll be swimmin' in it- if there is a deck, I'll be shakin' on it!
(Keep those lighters handy as well...)

Marina

Say: Keep those bathtubs filled- Perhaps we can plan a hotel room swim tour...

K
KuKu posted on Fri, Aug 8, 2008 8:54 PM

On 2008-08-07 22:18, Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid! wrote:

[Indeed so! If there is pool, I'll be swimmin' in it- if there is a deck, I'll be shakin' on it!
(Keep those lighters handy as well...)

Marina

Say: Keep those bathtubs filled- Perhaps we can plan a hotel room swim tour...

I'll drink to that... :drink:

Hey perhaps MARINA(Malia) can hang out in the MaiKai Waterfall????????........I'm always trying to find a way to get her back on stage with me.......Just a suggestion!???!!!!

G

On 2008-08-10 00:24, NALANI at the MAI KAI wrote:
Hey perhaps MARINA(Malia) can hang out in the MaiKai Waterfall????????........I'm always trying to find a way to get her back on stage with me.......Just a suggestion!???!!!!

Now THAT is an excellent idea! It's been a while since maidens have dipped their toes into the Mai-Kai waters...

[ Edited by: GatorRob 2008-08-10 15:25 ]

T

On 2008-07-30 13:44, tikiyaki wrote:
No Mermaids :(

I guess Marina will just have to do more Fire dancing :D

She can swim in my bathtub!

TB

More!

More!

Tell us more Tiki Kiliki! You tease us with the emails, the anticipation is killing me! (And it is putting a hurt on my rum-stocks)

Yep, Chip & Andy, teasing I have done I suppose, not on purpose I assure you.

Our web designer has had some delays and we're putting some finishing touches on the site to be announced now on Dec. 1.

Mahalo for the enthusiasm!!

Pages: 1 16 replies