Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

my webstore up soon, items available now, including giclee prints (finally!)!

Pages: 1 6 replies

T

Aloha everybody!

I've received the Tonga Hut 50th Anniversary prints and they're ready to go!

11x14 giclee print, image size 10x13, signed and numbered, limited to 50.
Printed with archival inks on acid-free heavy weight paper.

The prints look so awesome! This is the first giclee I've had done, and the colors are incredible! So rich and deep, and the detail is amazing! I wanted to feature elements distinct to Tonga Hut, so painted the 4-level fountain and the giant moai, and the giclee prints really really capture what I painted.

They're sized to fit in an 11x14 frame without matting, or you can mat it for a larger frame. (I framed one very inexpensivley using a pre-cut mat and standard 16x20 frame, and it looks pretty dang cool!)

They're $35 each, and come in a clear protective polypropylene bag.
You can order through me, through paypal [email protected]. Price includes shipping.

Please PM me if you have any questions.

The prints will also be available at the Tonga Hut, for the same price. I'll be delivering them to the Tonga Hut on Friday, the 1st, so they'll be available there anytime after that.

Thanks fer lookin'!

http://ericoctober.com

[ Edited by: tobunga 2008-09-20 13:23 ]

M
mieko posted on Thu, Jul 31, 2008 2:12 PM

Wow Eric! These look great!!
It's great that you were able to do something so cool for their Anniversary, especially when they hardly did anything themselves.

Mieko

T

Hey Mieko!
Glad you like! Well, the year is only half way over... I think they're planning something for October.

M
Murph posted on Thu, Jul 31, 2008 3:25 PM

Nice Job Eric!

Gotta love that fountain.

Are there any framed versions available?

T

Hey christiki295!

No framed versions, but I had one framed with a precut mat and ready made frame from Aaron Brothers, for about $30. I sized the image so that it would fit in an 11x14 frame with no mat, and the white border of the print sort of mats the image so it will still look nice... framing it that would only cost the price if an 11x14 frame, which should be pretty inexpensive!

T

Hey everybody!

Just wanted to let everybody know that I'm shooting to have the store on my website up and running by the end of this month.

Here's a list of the tiki themed items that are available now!
If you're interested in anything you see here, PM me, and we can set up a paypal payment if you don't want to go through the web store.

Kuddly Ku

11" of plush tiki doll cuteness.

Tiki Buttons $3.00 set of two $1.00 shipping.

Tiki On A Stick $5.00 each $2.00 shipping.

Sort if like deluxe tiki drink garnish holders... skewer a cherry on one, and adorn your favorite libation! Ku is 4" high, Lono is.5" high.

Tiki Bar Protector Gods $5.00 each $2.00 shipping.

The idea for these and the Tiki On A Stick came from a little vintage bar decoration that I have. He's a pipe cleaner figure wearing a top hat and holding a cane and a martini glass, looking completely soused. I thought a tiki version of this concept would be cool.

Tiki Votive Candle Holder $5.00 each $3.00 shipping.

Then I got into doing linoleum-block prints. The image is a print on textured paper, wrapped around the glass candle holder.

Aloha Greeting Card $5.00 each

More with the linoleum-block prints! The card is 4"x6" on a textured, fibrous paper.

Mahalo Greeting Card $5.00 each

You can see how I can go nutty with an idea... This card is 4"x6" on a textured, fibrous paper.

Mele Kalikimaka Card $3.00 each $1.00 shipping./ Set of 10 $25.00 $3.00 shipping.

I also created a Tiki Christmas Card. I had them printed by a great company I found on line. I was selling them individually, and in sets of 10.

Mini Tiki Masks $10.00 each $3.00 shipping.

I found these shaped plaques and converted them into New Guinea tiki masks. I attached little wooden circles for the eyes. They're about 5" in diameter.

Tiki Topped Boxes $20.00 each $5.00 shipping.

I found some little resin bamboo patterned boxes and I thought I could tikify them, so I sculpted (out if Sculpy) little tikis and attached then to the tops. Originally, I wanted to make a mold, so all the tikis would be the same, but I didn't have time, so each one is individually sculpted.

Tiki Tapa Boxes $20.00 each $5.00 shipping.

And more linoleum-block prints! This time, I had some little wooden boxes that I painted with tapa cloth designs. The tops of the boxes have a little window, so I did a lino-cut to fit inside. So the piece is like a little print, framed in a box... two pieces of art in one!

Tiki Lamps $30.00 each. Possibly pick up only, I'm not sure if they would ship well.

(SOLD)
I recently acquired some awesome vintage tiki shirts, but the all needed a little tailoring before I could wear them. I took the left over material and made tiki lamps!
These took the longest to make, as I had to figure out the logistics of access to changing the bulb, and wiring that wouldn't burn down the house.

I also have FINALLY receive the first giclee prints of my work. The first four prints are:
The Tiki That Carved Itself

March Of The Tiki Gods

Hawaiian War Chant

Full Throttle Tiki

$40.00 for each print, signed and numbered edition on 25. $6.00 shipping.
Each is 11" x 14", printed on acid-free Somerset Velvet Watercolor Paper with archival inks. They are all sized to fit into an 11" x 14" frame without matting (There is a border around the edge that acts as a mat), or the can be matted for a larger frame. Prints come in a protective plastic sleeve.

That's it for now... working on more stuff, which I will post soon.
Lemme know if you have any questions!

Thanks fer lookin'!

http://ericoctober.com

[ Edited by: tobunga 2008-09-20 13:38 ]

Pages: 1 6 replies