Tiki Central / California Events

Mr Doodie Fans???

Pages: 1 6 replies

S

Most of ya got a chance to meet
Mr. Doodie, that no good drunk lil
fella I had tagging along with me. Well,
iffn ya wanna join up, and add any photos
ya might have, that would be great,,, maybe tell about your experience with the lil
bugger when my back was turned...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mrdoodiehallofame/

Yeah.. ha ha ha... thanks to Doodie, I've got the Tong mafia after me... :wink:

Speaking of which, what was up with the 'tude with the Tonga employees anyway?
"Your with the tiki people? You stand over there and drink. No sitting at the tables."
Is it me, or do you know as well as I where their lost scorpion bowl seems to be stuck?

Doodie was cool! He was trying to talk me into ducking out and head for the nudie bar after finding some $10 discount tickets.

DoodieCaddyDaddy

Although there is photographic evidence of me hanging with Mr. Doodie, I am no way admitting to being a Mr. Doodie fan! He is an evil little bastard that knows how to party!

:tiki:

M
mig posted on Mon, Mar 10, 2003 6:45 PM

Sugarcaddydaddy: I myself didn't make it to the Tonga Room-- I needed to go ahead to the Bamboo Hut. However:

The Tonga Room is absolutely NOTORIOUS for rudeness. It was the first stop on last year's Crawl; and some people received such bad treatment there they said they'd never go back.

I myself try to avoid it; but sometimes it can't be overlooked... particularly for an SF Crawl.

From what I heard, they were actually much nicer this year, and more considerate of Crawlers... giving crawlers the bar area is what I would have wanted, and I think that for at least some people, they didn't charge the $3 "entertainment fee". (For comparison, last year they wouldn't even discount it by a dollar for us, even though we had a group of 50 people plus... and the first year, they RAISED the cover on the spot as a deterrent.)

-mig

T

The Tonga Room is the only original Polynesian landmark we have left in San Francisco so despite the rudeness (which I didn't encounter this time) it was THE stop for me on the Crawl. A good drink in a tiki mug, a fake rain shower, and all that atmosphere! It's one of the only places I would continue to visit even if the staff is often rude.

The snapshot of Mr. Doodie in front of the black & white picture of the men in fezzes at the UGH House is truly classic. It makes me laugh every time. By the way, Mr. Doodie seemed to have quite an affection for Floratina (or is it the other way around?). Will we be seeing more than one wedding at the Oasis? Hmmmm....

Pages: 1 6 replies