Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Central members discovered in a book!

Pages: 1 7 replies

Well I searched this site and couldn't find any mention of this. If it is already in here, I'm very sorry. But I just purchased this book at the discount section of Barnes & Noble for $9.99. It's a book about Modern Palm Springs. In it is a section about hotels and in that part is a section about Caliente Tropics. So as I'm looking at that part, I notice in one photo that there is a large board propped up with the words "Tiki Central" on it with photos of members! Take a look... (sorry about the poor picture quality, I don't have a scanner)

Did everyone know about this? I haven't been a member that long.. so maybe this is old news.

i'm trying to see if the photos are marked with zip codes :D

I

Those photos were taken at one of the past Tiki Oasis events, when they were held at the Calienete in Palm Springs. TC's Monkeyman had a project to document/ take a photo of all the Tiki Central members attending (2005? 2006?). Those photos may be located on a Tiki Central post from the past ... .can't remember where though.

[ Edited by: ikitnrev 2008-08-01 03:54 ]

That was a remembrance of Tiki Oasis IV in 2004. I'm on that board somewhere.

Here's the original thread. The photo links are dead, unfortunately:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=8980&forum=17

[ Edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy 2008-07-31 20:01 ]

Looks like a "Most Wanted" list to me. Are you sure you weren't in the Post Office?

P

That was Monkeyman's project. He took photos of Tiki Central members at Tiki Oasis IV and made that poster, which he gave to Casey to display at Caliente Tropics. The new owners took it down, but I believe Monkeyman reclaimed it so it is still around somewhere.

Yes, I remember seeing that board in the lobby of the tropics the first time I went there in 04'...Must've been right after that 2004 Tiki Oasis.

thats wild... I had no idea..

that collage was a gift to Casey.. when he left Caliente Tropics.. he took it with him (I hope)

Pages: 1 7 replies