Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

President Nixon at Trader Vics - Photo

Pages: 1 5 replies

I

The following is a photo of President Richard Nixon, leaving the Washington D.C. Trader Vics on February 13, 1973. His wife Patricia, and daughter Tricia, are in the background

R
rupe33 posted on Fri, Aug 1, 2008 4:41 AM

AWESOME find Vern! One can imagine him having enjoyed David Chan's navy grog that night!

M

Thumbs up, Vern!

Your search skills are supreme. Was this part of an article or just a random press photo? Oh, to be at the DC Vic's talking monetary policy with Dick back in '71. What could have been. Sigh, I was but five years old. I could have made it a Soft Bahia.

Dick Dick Dick, the stagflation of the later 70's falls directly on your door step. You should have had Burns tighten in '72, the election was yours anyway. But no, you still had that Kennedy fetish going strong and could not let go of '60. Look Dick, Jack's dead, you're still around, and you're the Man now. Let it go, let it go.

Stupid price control full-employment Keynesian turd nogin! Go ahead, have another Navy Grog, you're doomed anyway. Your other supreme fetish (good ole HH), which is also tightly connected to your loss in '60, will bite you in the butt soon enough. It's in the bag, '72 is a lock. But no, slush fund here, paranoia there, it's lights out for you and the economy is in the crapper for another ten years!

Oh, and Henry is looking at me funny again. That dude ain't right in the head.

Still, going to China was genius, out flank the Ruskies. You always had game in Foreign Policy.
midnite

O

This is why I stick to Mai Tais. Dick and Phil drank Navy Grogs at Trader Vic's.
We all know what happened to them. What's in those thngs anyway?

V

Don't be a Dick !

Wow, where did you find that!

Pages: 1 5 replies