Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Recipe: The Rottin' Zombie ( It's not just for breakfast any more )

Pages: 1 9 replies

TF

Rottin’ Zombie

Key Lime Juice
Grapefruit Juice
Orgeat
Simple Syrup
Light Rum
Lemon Hart Demerara Rum
Meyers's Dark
Appleton Estate Rum
Midori melon
Angostura bitters
Absinthe
Mango Mystery floater ( Mango Juice, orange Curacao and Light Rum )
Grenadine

W

Grenadine???

Are you insane?

Are we supposed to guess the amounts?...:wink:

TF

On 2008-08-01 11:57, woofmutt wrote:
Grenadine???

Are you insane?

Yes I am Insane!!! It is just a dab for blood on top of the floater. Sorry I should have been more instructive.

On 2008-08-01 12:04, MrBaliHai wrote:

1:1:1.....?

TF

On 2008-08-01 13:30, jingleheimerschmidt wrote:

That's what I do. Guess.. Ok it is like you are making a regular zombie but add the extras like Midori for instance, for effect. The drink should turn out green and you float the mango with a drop of grenadine, again for effect. And yes I am still insane!!!!!

On 2008-08-01 13:41, Tiki Fink wrote:

On 2008-08-01 13:30, jingleheimerschmidt wrote:

That's what I do. Guess.. Ok it is like you are making a regular zombie but add the extras like Midori for instance, for effect. The drink should turn out green and you float the mango with a drop of grenadine, again for effect. And yes I am still insane!!!!!

Pictures please...must be seen to be believed.

A

On 2008-08-01 11:57, woofmutt wrote:
Grenadine???

Are you insane?

Last time I checked, a proper Zombie is supposed to have a bit of grenadine. Now as to some of the other ingredients..... omigod ......

"I am Lono!" -- http://www.347steps.com

[ Edited by: arriano 2008-08-04 10:23 ]

W

Last time I checked, a proper Zombie is supposed to have a bit of grenadine...

My response was based not on the Zombie aspect of the drink, but the rotten. Traditionally when ordering a drink the term rotten refers to the leaving out of any ingredient which is measured in dashes. The Rotten Manhattan made famous at the Uptown Lowdown Club in NYC in the late 50s was just a regular Manhattan without the dash of orange bitters. (Sounds innocent enough yet it was quite the controversy among the idle rich and quip addicted writers. It was the Rotten Manhattan of which Truman Capote famously said "That's not a Manhattan, that's just rye and sweet vermouth stirred on the rocks until well chilled then strained into a stemmed glass and garnished with a maraschino cherry.")

"Ok it is like you are making a regular zombie but add the extras like Midori for instance, for effect. The drink should turn out green and you float the mango with a drop of grenadine, again for effect."

So you're saying when I go into my local bar I should ask for a Rotten Zombie but since the bars don't really know about it yet they're going to definitely ask what it is? So the recipe is start with a Zombie then add the other ingredients?

If I try one I'll let you know what I think. Also, do I smell Birthday cake?

H
Helz posted on Mon, Aug 11, 2008 2:07 PM

Fink...Did we get any pictures of this thing?!!?! Lord knows we poured enough of 'em on Sunday past.

Pages: 1 9 replies