Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Black Velvet Masterpieces- book signing & art show 8/15 San Francisco

Pages: 1 6 replies

Join 111 Minna Street Gallery
and the Velveteria Museum
to celebrate the release of
Black Velvet Masterpieces: Highlights from the Collection of the Velveteria Museum
published by Chronicle Books
Date: Friday, August 15
Time: 5–8 pm
111 Minna Street Gallery
111 Minna Street
San Francisco, CA 94105
View paintings from the Velveteria’s collection, and meet authors/curators Carl Baldwin and Caren Anderson.

As seen/heard on CBS Sunday Morning and NPR’s Morning Edition.
For more inf, contact April at 415.537.4253 or aprilATchroniclebooksDOTcom

TK

April!
what are you doing in Tiki Town? get back to Scooterville!
Just kidding, glad to see your smiling screen name. So when is the "Tiki fanatics and thier scooters" issue coming out? There are a few here...
Cheers!
Tiki King

O
Otto posted on Fri, Aug 1, 2008 4:49 PM

Bummer I'm gonna miss the opening, I'll be at Tiki Oasis of course! As will Tiki King!

I'll have to catch the show when I get back, hope Minna keeps it up for a while

RH

Another great show I can't see 'cause I'm in Ohio. The Velveteria book is realllll nice, bet the show'll rock.

Got a chance to check out Velveteria in Portland last summer. This sounds like a great show. Hope it is still up after Tiki Oasis!

On 2008-08-07 00:53, Tikitastic wrote:
This sounds like a great show. Hope it is still up after Tiki Oasis!

Ditto!

Any word on how long the exhibit will be on display, scootmagapril? Lots of us would love to see it, but are already booked at Tiki Oasis thru that weekend. Sounds like fun!

Aloha,
Myke

Thanks for your interest in the event. The event at Minna is one night only, unfortunately. We're there to grab some free drinks, check out some nekkid ladies, beach huts and some sad clowns and chat velvets with the guests. :)
Sorry we'll miss some of you.
I highly recommend stopping by the museum in Portland. It is a blast.

Also, if you are interested in seeing some of the images from the book with author commentary, Newsweek did a fun piece on it: http://www.newsweek.com/id/140735.
Cheers!
-april

Pages: 1 6 replies