Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

O.C. Beach Burn 3 (8/9/08) duties & roll call ***This Saturday!!!***

Pages: 1 23 replies

It worked before so here is the original post a few years back...

On 2005-07-17 20:09, Tiki_Bong wrote:
Allright peoples,

OC Beach Burn is coming up this weekend and I need to know who's doing what and who's going.
We Need:

• Firewood (no pallets are allowed to be burned, $500 fine)
  • Tables
  • Canopies

We Need People to:

• Secure 1 or 2 fire rings by 10:30 or 11:00 am; the rings are taken early this time of year.

Who's going?

If this gig is going to happen, sign on now!

Ok...A few changes. WooHoo and I will secure at least two pits as close to lifeguard tower 15 as possible. We will be there around 7am...so anyone coming midday wanting to give us a break would be great!

Don't forget....Your WOOD and a side dish (unless your wood is a side dish!)

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2008-08-08 21:22 ]

Scott and I are in!

Jen

T

Cindy and I will be there with a tiki to burn for Grog .

R

You guys have so rough out there! Bah!

See you at Oasis!

Burn Baby Burn! See ya there!

We are in!!

Probably won't get there til the afternoon but I'll fill the back of the truck with firewood.

my car will hold a toothpick.... I'll bring it....

Don't forget about The Contest....

[i]On 2008-07-16 18:04, SoccerTiki wrote:
Let's have a contest for the best/worst wood tiki 2 feet tall or smaller brought to be burned!
I'll throw in a prize for the best and one for the worst. But they must be hand made by the owner.

Jen and I don't have wooden Tikis to burn but we will be bringing wood and snacks .

Also we will be bringing the extra Waxes from the Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room jewelry to melt .

Yes true Disney Tiki Collectibles will be melted before your eyes LOL

On 2008-08-03 14:16, Hiphipahula wrote:
my car will hold a toothpick.... I'll bring it....

Kelly- For you and others who do not have wood or cannot transport their wood...It will be available (in limited quantities) at the snack shop located within 100 yards of our fire rings! They have bicycles to rent too!!!

T

This will be our first time but please count Mr. & Mrs. Tikilands in. We are excited. I guess the dumb question is how do i get there and find you? Sorry for the ignorant question.

On 2008-08-04 13:42, tikilands wrote:
This will be our first time but please count Mr. & Mrs. Tikilands in. We are excited. I guess the dumb question is how do i get there and find you? Sorry for the ignorant question.
[/quote/

We will be at the fire pits to the south(left)side of the Beach Blvd entrance to Huntington Beach State Park Beach.

Thanks. I will bring a tiki that has seen its last day. The best way to lay the tiki to rest is the burn surrounded by the ultimate tiki crowd. See you all Saturday!

Don't forget to pack Plenty of Sunscreen!!

and:

*Bring your Beach Gear, EZ-Ups, Umbrellas, Chairs, Firewood, and a Dish to Share
*Hot Dogs, Buns, Condiments, Paper Goods & S'mores will be provided
*Bring your bikes or rent them there!

Lot's of lurkers have emailed and PM'd us...

3 more days!!! If you forget anything, the snack bar has most of what's needed!

I'll bring a cooler of Shasta Tiki punch. See ya there.

H

In plus 4.

Bringing an E-Z Up™ and some firewood.

The Wahine and i will be there, gonna ride the bicycles from the LBC to HB.

TOMORROW!!!

WTF!!!!! The Burn would be better on a Tuesday don't you think? Some of us have to make a living on the weekends!!! Have Fun and have a Cocktail or Six for me!!!!!! DIG?

Catch ya on the Flip!!!!!!!!

BURN BABY,BURN!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE A GOOD B-B-Q

If you can't find us..Just look for this sign

R

It's On!

I'll be riding my bike down there. See ya soon.
We don't need no water let the motherfucker burn!

Pages: 1 23 replies