Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

NETT II Room crawl... We're on too!... UPDATED List Pg. 1 & 3

Pages: 1 2 60 replies

PK

Alooohaaa!

Here is the completed list for the crawl.
If anyone is specifically interested in Friday (after the bands) or Saturday (after the tour) please let me know.

Thank you all for responding. With 20 days to go we have a very robust list of room hosts for the Second Annual NETT Room Crawl...

4:00 - 6:00. Primo Kimo = Coco Palm-egranate and Moon Shot Punch or Guava Fruit Cup
7:00 - 9:00. Martiki-Bird/Tabuzak/Suzanne/Sneakyjack/Paranoid123 = Rum Tropical/Initiate's Offering/The Coda
7:00 - 9:00. Velveteen Lounge = Spice Islands
7:00 - 9:00. Leisure Master/Bird Girl/the Urban Tikis = Rum Barrel & Mai Tai (back-up or by request)
6:00 - 8:00. JPMartdog = Kelbo's Scorpion
8:00 - 10:00 Professor Pineapple = Aloha Room (water, advil, cupcakes)
6:00 - 8:00. Scottes = a lotta Rum ...a whole lotta Rum.
8:00 - 10:00. Caber-net = Tiki Torch
8:00 - 10:00. (tiki)Mark = Zombie
8:00 - 10:00. (tiki)Amy & (tiki)Jill = Dark and Stormy
8:00 - 10:00. Rapscallion & Lilikoi = Blue Hawaiian Moonlight
6:00 - 8:00. Hep, Gig & Tudzie = Barbancourt Rum Cups
8:00 - 10:00. The Granite Tiki = Shasta Tiki Rum Punch
7:00 - 9:00. Tiki Mortis = C) a super secret drinky thing that is yet to be named or E) all the above
7:00 - 9:00. JohnMan & Miss = Miehanas
6:00 - 8:00. professahhummingflowah = some sort of fruity butter thing

If you haven't let me know what drink(s) you are making please still do so. I will be making some hand out with host, cocktails and room number (when possible).

[ Edited by: Primo Kimo 2008-09-10 09:31 ]

S

For me, rum. Lots of rum.

What else?

Velveteen Lounge and Company will be making Spice Islands, an original Captain Quad creation.

If you signed up for the NETT II tour and checked YES for hosting a room during the room crawl please check your email and get back to me as soon as possible with your current interest.

J

An adventure on Exotic Island offering Kelbo's Scorpion

id be into a room if needed - or if someone needed help mixing and pouring I can assist in a room.
let me know.
and yes it appears I am in for the tour this go around!

On 2008-08-06 20:38, sneakyjack wrote:
id be into a room if needed - or if someone needed help mixing and pouring I can assist in a room.
let me know.
and yes it appears I am in for the tour this go around!

Great to have you on the tour, Jack! I'm sure that we of the Blue Lory could use a hand, so I'd love it if you joined me, D and Kev in our room hosting efforts. Not sure what we're mixing , but we'll definitely have Rum Tropical on hand.

Gina

done - tell me what I need to bring we'll talk I'm sure!

Wow... lots of rooms, are they all going to be open at once or in shifts?

-Rev

'just not all in a row'

On 2008-08-11 18:15, rev_thumper wrote:
Wow... lots of rooms, are they all going to be open at once or in shifts?

-Rev

Yeah, maybe not a bad idea to break it up a little bit.

Maybe starting at like 7pm or whatever, open 2 rooms every half hour to be open for an hour to stagger (pun intended) the rooms and allow everyone time to see everything - and then we can crumble into total chaos after that?

Too much organization and coordination?

I am still waiting a few more days to hear from everyone then I will discuss the options with Bargoyle and see if we will/can organize a group this size. Consider that (probably) no one room wants to make drinks for 75+ people; splitting up is probably good but then the groups are limited to the rooms that are open at that time. Plus there are bands playing the whole time. There are a few more considerations as well. I am begining to think that hosts should make a limited amount and make it a bit of a free for all. Otherwise, there will be 100's of drinks for 10's of people. But stay tuned...

Anyone else want to host? Please PM me or respond to this post. Also, please post your drink selections if you have not already done so so we avoid duplications.

[ Edited by: primo kimo 2008-08-12 08:01 ]

I think the sensibility and common sense of the attendees should be left to monitor the 'room crawl'. Maybe I am being a bit optimistic, but I dont think so. In reality, only the true professional could drink from each room. With so many rooms offering tantalizing delights, the 'room crawl' should be more of a cocktail party than an actual progressive party. Attendees should be able to pop into a room and partake... or just visit. If, as a host, you want to go to another room - just lock your door and go! As an attendee, If you find a delicious cocktail that suits you best then guests should feel free to wander from room to room with that delicious libation. The rooms are small and can only accomodate a limited number at one time. Attendees should have the 'sense' to meander from room to room and visit friends and experience each hosts creation. If a room is jammed and 'popular' then try the next. Time tables, and schedules just don't fit into my lifestyle. The Exotic Island port is an open harbor and welcomes all travelers. Some will just visit, others will find harmony. If I can make you a drink, I will... no matter what time it is.

On 2008-08-12 07:46, jpmartdog wrote:
I think the sensibility and common sense of the attendees should be left to monitor the 'room crawl'. Maybe I am being a bit optimistic, but I dont think so. In reality, only the true professional could drink from each room. With so many rooms offering tantalizing delights, the 'room crawl' should be more of a cocktail party than an actual progressive party. Attendees should be able to pop into a room and partake... or just visit. If, as a host, you want to go to another room - just lock your door and go! As an attendee, If you find a delicious cocktail that suits you best then guests should feel free to wander from room to room with that delicious libation. The rooms are small and can only accomodate a limited number at one time. Attendees should have the 'sense' to meander from room to room and visit friends and experience each hosts creation. If a room is jammed and 'popular' then try the next. Time tables, and schedules just don't fit into my lifestyle. The Exotic Island port is an open harbor and welcomes all travelers. Some will just visit, others will find harmony. If I can make you a drink, I will... no matter what time it is.

I tend to agree with you. Since we will most likely not have many crashers (unlike Tiki Oasis) it would be nice to have the freedom to mill at will. I do think it would be nice to post the times you would like to have your room open as a general guide in case there is a particular cocktail an attendee would like to try. Maybe the drink type and (general) open hours of your room would be enough guidance. ....thirsty

[ Edited by: Primo Kimo 2008-08-12 08:16 ]

First off thanks to all for making the event and room crawl happen! I'm excited to say the least.

If bands are playing and such a "crawl" is gonna be tough and take a bunch of time. Plus what I have leaned from hosting these alone is you kinda get stuck in your own room and don't get sample too much or check out the band(s)(Thats why I offered to help instead of host!)So that said promity of the rooms (on the crawl) to each other is somewhat key. And then proximity to where the band plays and the rooms host is a factor. Might make sense to pick a time frame up to and a little into when bands start and then let people close doors (if they like) to check out tunes. Maybe certain rooms can make up pitchers of drinks to share and bring to performance. After band(s) play those who want to keep going pick a room or 2 or 3 and roll from there.

Just a thought, I certainly have not been to this event and do not know the layout etc.

Mahaloz

S

On 2008-08-12 05:04, jpmartdog wrote:

'just not all in a row'

Oooo, the Monte Vista never looked so tropical!

Can't wait for the NETT :)

Suzanne

*On 2008-08-12 08:53, sneakyjack wrote:*I certainly have not been to this event and do not know the layout etc.

Jack - you are not alone there.

Even those of us that have "been there" have not been there.

This is a new hotel, bigger group, bands playing, etc., which is quite different than the 20 or so people last year that just got off a long bus ride to dinner and scrambled to have a late night crawl where everybody went from room to room together.

With this many rooms, no one should feel any obligation to make a shitload of drinks. Bring what you want, make what you can and when you're done, you're done. There will be plenty to go around.

The Granite Tiki Room intends to take part.

I'll be playing music and providing the PA system, so my wife Kate will be in charge of our room, which will be "Tiki-On-A-Budget" themed. Using elements from the often controversial, often derided, but always provocative Dollar Tree Store.

Our drink will be "Shasta Tiki Rum Punch" and will set out to prove that the cheapest, possibly yuckiest rums in the world can be made into a glorious Polynesian delicacy when mixed properly with something fruity and sugary and served with the necessary pageantry.

I can't wait for this!!!!

On 2008-08-12 08:02, Primo Kimo wrote:

I tend to agree with you. Since we will most likely not have many crashers (unlike Tiki Oasis) it would be nice to have the freedom to mill at will. I do think it would be nice to post the times you would like to have your room open as a general guide in case there is a particular cocktail an attendee would like to try. Maybe the drink type and (general) open hours of your room would be enough guidance. ....thirsty

[ Edited by: Primo Kimo 2008-08-12 08:16 ]

This is pretty much the way it worked last weekend at Hot Rod Hula Hop and I thought it worked really well. We took turns hosting in the New York room and, when we ran out of drinks, we just locked up and went to other rooms. Also, there were cards with each host's name, where their room number could be filled in and given to crawlers (I'm told they do this at Oasis). I could certainly help with printing out and filling in such cards, if you'd like.

B

My thought was much like went on at the Hop, only on a much grander scale(scary, I know)

4 or 5 rooms at a time, open for 30 to 60 minutes, then another 4 or 5 pop open, etc etc.

this way, no one is stuck all night, everyone gets to see the bands, and no room should be overwhelmed.

Rooms are close to one another, and the bands are right out front...you should be able to see them from just about every room. So, if you're dancing to some music & get thirsty, go hit a room, and then go back to the show!!!

Primo & I will work out the details as we get a final count of hosts (Well, mostly Primo will work out the details). Mucho mahalos to Primo for taking on the logistics, and of course, big mahalos to all who are hosting rooms!!

As always, we'll see you on the bus!

Wow! Two more hosts and we will have as many as Tiki Oasis. Not sure if that's good or not but I am not sure how it can be bad!!! Maybe the police will know.

Do we have the whole hotel to ourselves?

...he asked tentatively

S

If we don't, the other guests will :

A) Wish we did, that they could sleep, instead of fending off nightmares of aloha-shirt clad demons with mugs with large teeth;

or

B) Be really damn excited about crashing some of the swankiest room parties ever to hit New England.

We've got about 75% of the hotel. maybe more.

We should all be pretty bunched together, although a few rooms are set apart (the smoking rooms).

I do feel bad for any of those who are staying there and NOT part of the Tour, but if anyone complains, offer them a cocktail!!

Got an idea...

Let's get our picture in the Tiki Magazine section "Where's your Tiki Magazine" You know the spot..
If everyone brings a copy of the magazine, and we take a "HUGE" group shot with everyone ready an issue, we're bound to get in...

So whatcha think?

That's a good idea! We managed to do that when I went to the Hoopty Lau in California.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=20742&forum=17&start=0&hilite=hoopty

S

We should all be pretty bunched together, although a few rooms are set apart (the smoking rooms).

Oh, oh. I'm in a smoking room.

Maybe I'll just wheel around a cart full of rums and pass out samples...? Singing "Candy Man" at the top of my lungs, of course.

On 2008-08-14 17:00, Scottes wrote:

Oh, oh. I'm in a smoking room.

Maybe I'll just wheel around a cart full of rums and pass out samples...? Singing "Candy Man" at the top of my lungs, of course.

Shenanigans like that are what legends are made of!

skip the candy man jingle for RUM
How about the "Yum Yum man!"

Dang! just found this! Bambooboo and I will prob do the Tiki Torch in the drink bong. Im feeling the hangover already...

BUMP - and updated for our drink - the Rum Barrel

On 2008-08-02 13:10, Primo Kimo wrote:
Primo Kimo = TV Mai Tai and ???
Martiki-Bird = Rum Tropical and ???
Velveteen Lounge = Spice Islands
Leisure Master & Bird Girl & the Urban Tikis = Rum Barrel & Mai Tai (back-up or by request)
JPMartdog = Kelbo's Scorpion
Bogielocks = Dr. Funk
Professor Pineapple = Aloha Room (water, advil, cupcakes)
Scottes = a lotta Rum ...a whole lotta Rum.
Caber-net =
(tiki)Mark = Zombie
(tiki)Amy & (tiki)Jill = Dark and Stormy
Rapscallion = ???
Hep, Giz & Tudzie = Barbancourt Rum Cups
The Granite Tiki = Shasta Tiki Rum Punch
Tiki Mortis = C) a super secret drinky thing that is yet to be named ...or E) all of the above

Scene from Leisuremasters NETT 'Crawl' room-

[ Edited by: jpmartdog 2008-08-18 07:44 ]

S

Thinking about things the last few days, I've decided that I'm going to attempt to push some different kinds of rums that night.

Yep, there is a whole world beyond the molasses-based, aged-in-a-bourbon-barrel kinds of rum. And I'll have some.

Cachaca... I'll bring a couple cachacas, some fine choices out of the thousands - yes, thousands - of cachacas you might find. I'll whip up some caipirinhas to allow you to introduce yourself to the third most popular alcohol in the world. (Sorry, rum is number four. Unless you're in the US, where cachaca is considered a type of rum since it comes from sugar cane. Then run is number three, and cachaca is nowhere on the list - which is a damned, silly shame.)

Agricole... The finest AOC agricoles from the perfect volcanic terroir of Martinique. I'll bring.. just a few, heh-heh. And if you ask, I'll make you a `Ti Punch, using the finest Petite Canne syrup that Martinique has to offer. And if you like cognac, let me know, as I'll have some agricoles on hand that would make James Delamain's nose quiver with anticipation.

Coffee Liqueur... Coffee Liqueur? Yes, I'll have some of the finest coffee liqueur you've ever had. And it's made from rum.

Orange Liqueuer... Orang.... YES! Do you mean to tell me that you haven't had Clement's Creole Shrubb yet? I'll have some, and if you ask nicely I'll pour you a dram. You. Will. Like. It.

Coconut Rum. This ain't no stink' Malibu or Parrot Bay, by the way.

Regular Old Rum. Yes, I'll have some molasses-based, aged-in-a-bourbon-barrel kinds of rum.

There will be more.
More.
More.
More.
Rum.

Rum from Guyana, St. Kitts, Texas (Texas?), St. Croix, Guatemala, the Dominican Republic, Venezuela, Nepal (yes, Nepal, believe it!) and more.
More.
More.
More.
Rum.

On 2008-08-18 07:43, jpmartdog wrote:
Scene from Leisuremasters NETT 'Crawl' room-

[ Edited by: jpmartdog 2008-08-18 07:44 ]

I'm still trying to find that guy who wasted all that rum all over the floor...

The cocktailology professors from Okonkuluku University's Royal Consqueezatory would like to host a room for the room crawl!

At the moment, we are planning to mix drinks off the WAITIKI Drink Menu: The Wai Niu (possibly the new guava-lychee variant invented at Tiki Oasis), either the Lehua Colada or Liko No Ka Oi (both are our Big Island fruit butter drinks), and Kinamona's Deelite (guava/cinnamon drink).

Do we need to go for drinks that are more standard though? Sorry — we've been stuck in Okonkulukuian Drink Land the past week or so whilst preparing for Oasis.

Also, Bargoyle says I need to request a spot on the 7 o'clock tour, since WAITIKI plays a set at 9:30. Lemme know if we can participate! Thanks!

WAITIKI: Exotic Tiki Entertainment From Polynesia & Beyond
Videos, MP3s, and More at http://www.waitiki.com

[ Edited by: professahhummingflowah 2008-08-18 20:14 ]

On 2008-08-18 20:13, professahhummingflowah wrote:
Do we need to go for drinks that are more standard though?

No, if people don't like the drinks that's more for the rest of us!

30 Days from today...

Okay here is what I have come up with. Let me know if this makes sense to you all.

With the help of three NASA engineers and the WOPR computer I have devised a time coding system fiendishly clever in it's in-trickacies...
The three blocks of time:

6:00 - 8:00
7:00 - 9:00
8:00 - 10:00

In each of these blocks 5+ rooms will open. By design this will give the most opportunity to the most people to sample your booze and to enjoy the entertainment without the feeling of being rushed.

This is not to say that you need to be in your room for the whole time. Rules of supply and demand apply.

Please PM me or email me with your desired time slot and I will try to accomodate.
If anyone is specifically interested in Friday (after the bands) or Saturday (after the tour) please let me know.

After 10:00... Bargoyle is going to sleep;)

[ Edited by: Primo Kimo 2008-08-20 10:01 ]

The Pineapple Lounge Watering Hole will be open for business during the 8-10 block. Please stop by for plenty of bottled water, juice and tiki-themed confectioneries. We may even have a hangover survival kit for you!

Mucho Mahalo to Primo Kimo for his logistical wizardry.

Howdy folks. The 6:00 - 8:00 space is full and the 7:00 - 9:00 is filling up fast. If you haven't already done so please contact me with your desired time slot.

4:00 - 6:00. Primo Kimo = TV Mai Tai and ???
7:00 - 9:00. Martiki-Bird/Tabuzak/Suzanne/Sneakyjack/Paranoid123 = Rum Tropical/Initiate's Offering/The Coda
7:00 - 9:00. Velveteen Lounge = Spice Islands
7:00 - 9:00. Leisure Master/Bird Girl/the Urban Tikis = Rum Barrel & Mai Tai (back-up or by request)
6:00 - 8:00. JPMartdog = Kelbo's Scorpion
8:00 - 10:00 Professor Pineapple = Aloha Room (water, advil, cupcakes)
6:00 - 8:00. Scottes = a lotta Rum ...a whole lotta Rum.
8:00 - 10:00. Caber-net = Tiki Torch
8:00 - 10:00. (tiki)Mark = Zombie
8:00 - 10:00. (tiki)Amy & (tiki)Jill = Dark and Stormy
8:00 - 10:00. Rapscallion & Lilikoi = Blue Hawaiian Moonlight
6:00 - 8:00. Hep, Gig & Tudzie = Barbancourt Rum Cups
8:00 - 10:00. The Granite Tiki = Shasta Tiki Rum Punch
7:00 - 9:00. Tiki Mortis = C) a super secret drinky thing that is yet to be named or E) all the above
7:00 - 9:00. JohnMan & Miss = Miehanas
6:00 - 8:00. professahhummingflowah = some sort of fruity butter thing

[ Edited by: Primo Kimo 2008-09-08 16:11 ]

S

After 10:00... Bargoyle is going to sleep;)

That's what he thinks.

J

Johnman and Miss will be mixing up Miehanas in our room. My request for the 7-9 slot is in...

Scottes - dude! You can bet I'll be stopping by the rum room. That coffee liquor sounds interesting.

Yo Johnman! Awesome!!! Really looking forward to seeing you and Miss for the weekend! It's gonna be the best!
Aloha!
J

J

Jon - it's always a pleasure hanging with you. This is gonna be shweet man.

S

Yay! More tiki fun with the two J's and I don't even have to pretend it isn't Christmas at the Everyday Inn...

I'll have a little guest spot mixing up one of my new cocktails in the MartikiBird et al room. Can't wait to see all of you!

Suzanne

B

I just need to make a correction here

I'm going to sleep at 11.01

Not 10.00

Waitiki will be playing then.

someone has to get up early & get you rummies ready for a day of bus-fun.

S

Schedule addition:

11:02 pm, Conch Shell Blowing Competition.

(I'm kidding. Seriously, Sully, we'll letcha sleep. Someone's gotta wake us up in the morning!)

Suzanne

Ahhh who am I kidding, I'll be up all freaking night with you wack-a-doos.

I may have to nap between a few of the stops. Hell, I think everyone may have to nap between a stop here & there!

Nap? Drunken stoop? That'll probably be me...:drink:

Pages: 1 2 60 replies